Naming conventions

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Is there a naming conventions to follow when adding new entity objects (new Tables and/or new Columns) ?

For example, if I add a new column named "abc" how can i know that next upgrade implement a new functionality using a same column name ?
7 years ago
nopNovice2 wrote:
Is there a naming conventions to follow when adding new entity objects (new Tables and/or new Columns) ?

For example, if I add a new column named "abc" how can i know that next upgrade implement a new functionality using a same column name ?

It may helpful for you or others ==>http://www.dofactory.com/reference/csharp-coding-standards
7 years ago
Thanks, but i think you are minusunderstanging my question.

The problem is:

if i added a new column named "abc" in "Product" entity to be used with a new plugin how can i be sure that nop team, in the future, not use a new column named with same name ("abc") and therefore make a conflict ?
7 years ago
nopNovice2 wrote:
Thanks, but i think you are minusunderstanging my question.

The problem is:

if i added a new column named "abc" in "Product" entity to be used with a new plugin how can i be sure that nop team, in the future, not use a new column named with same name ("abc") and therefore make a conflict ?

It is little difficult to say that will nopteam makes same column or not. But better to give a name little differently like pluginname_columnname.
7 years ago
This is certainly a viable solution but if there was a official "naming convention" I think it would be much better.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.