Bulk import product with Attributes from Excel

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
I want to import bulk product from excel spreadsheet with their defined attributes (ex: Color, Size etc). How to do this?
7 years ago
The easiest way is to setup some sample products (with attributes), and export them to get the XLSX template. :)
7 years ago
Just note that the Attributes show in Excel in "outline" form, and you need to expand the rows to make them visible.
7 years ago
Could someone please help me with this export import thing? I have over 5000 product to import into my database and have managed before without any issues. My normal procedure is to download the empty Excel spreadsheet with just one item in it to give me the template and then add the rest the same underneath that one. This time however (with Nop 3.8) I did the same thing and could not import the file because of the errors I was getting. After investigating, I noted that the product I added in the cart to get the template had Product Attributes added which I need on all the items I add, but when I looked at the products file I could not see them... until I noticed that the row numbers went from 2 to 7. I then saw there was an expandable view that looked like this when I opened it:

How does this even work? How is it referencing the first entry on row 2? Do I have to add these 3 lines between all 5000 items? Why is it not on the same line as the other data? Can I move the column names to the same row as the as the main names? How will it then reference the 3 lines beneath it?

Sorry if I have missed something very obvious, but right now after adding 5000 products to the Excel file and discovering these 3 lines hidden away, you can imagine my confusion.

Please help!?

Thanks
7 years ago
Hi,

You may find this helpful: http://www.strivingprogrammers.com/how-to-update-product-attributes-in-nopcommerce-step-by-step-tutorial
7 years ago
Hi L.K., thanks for your reply that was a good feature.
The problem is that it does not solve my issue though. I need to add the same attributes to all the products that are already in the list (5000+) and so I guess my issue is with Excel and not Nopcommerce. I was just wondering if anyone had managed to do this by ungrouping the extra rows and adding them to the main row instead, but then I can't see how this would reference the product itself. Can anyone help?
7 years ago
dashdesigns wrote:
The problem is that it does not solve my issue though. I need to add the same attributes to all the products that are already in the list (5000+) and so I guess my issue is with Excel and not Nopcommerce. I was just wondering if anyone had managed to do this by ungrouping the extra rows and adding them to the main row instead, but then I can't see how this would reference the product itself. Can anyone help?

Hello. You can do ungrouping without consequences for imports if the required attributes are located in the table just below the product (skiping two cells on the left). For example:
7 years ago
Sergei-k wrote:

Hello. You can do ungrouping without consequences for imports if the required attributes are located in the table just below the product (skiping two cells on the left). For example:

Thanks so much Sergei, that could have solved my problem!
7 years ago
Hi Sergei
Sorry for the delay. I tried what you said and copied the attributes from the first item to the second item and started on column 3 as you said. I then uploaded the test to the cart system and checked the item, but the item did not display any of the values for each atrribute. I then tried exporting just the ones I had edited to see what had happened and this is the result:

As you can see, it accepted the attributes but not the values for each. What did I do wrong?
7 years ago
Does it have anything to do with Basic and advanced mode viewing? I notice your example has less columns showing which was obviously basic mode.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.