Upload files 3.80

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
I have a strage issue with the 3.8 version.  When I try to upload an xlxs produc's file,  everything goes fine...  The file is successfully uploaded... But when I search the products uploaded i cannot find them...

I ve tried everything...  I ve insered 1 product manually ,  alter downloaded it and pasted other products...  Nothing

THIS is driving me mad

Anyone can help me?

Lorenzo
7 years ago
currently working on this exact problem on 3.80. I wrote a C# app to create a CSV file from a photo image list. Each photo image is used to create six separate product SKUs. I use LibreOffice (excel clone) to create a xlsx file from the csv. The import works perfectly from nopCommerce standpoint EXCEPT everything I import is Not Individually Visible, Not Published, and the Backorders field stays at its default value of No Backorders. The photos are fine, the search engine names, prices, etc are good. Still trying to track down why I can't get the fields set properly even though the spreadsheet shows then set.  Of note, I used an export from 3.80 as a template for the headers and field values.

When I make a breakthrough. I will certainly pass on the details.
7 years ago
addendum on imports

the exported product file on 3.80 sets boolean entries to 0 or 1. Unfortunately, Import requires TRUE or FALSE to get an actual TRUE value. If 3.80 doesn't understand the field, then it defaults to FALSE, so it appears that "0" works. I don't know which is the bug, but that is the way the current 3.80 version works. The only import issue I have at the moment is how to set the right value for backorders.
7 years ago
my mistake, LibreOffice does not switch to a boolean cell format in the columns that require it. The program supports it, but does not do it automatically. Now, a comment from a development engineer... cell formats should not be used that way. It would be absolutely trivial to output a FALSE or TRUE string rather than relying on a specialty cell format like that. All fields should be text fields... There really isn't any reason not to support csv format then as a more universal import/export format. Relying on a single company's proprietary format doesn't seem like a good idea.

Of note, using a text FALSE or TRUE cell works perfectly well on imports because that is what I used before I realized the columns were probably booleans (fortunately I had a real excel program to check it on).

If you are having issues with exports and imports, then check your fields in your spreadsheet to make sure the booleans are there.

List of TRUE/FALSE columns

C, I, N, O, S, V, X, Y, AA, AD, AF, AH, AL, AO, AP, AQ, AT, AV, AX, BA, BB, BG, BK, BL, BM, BN, BO, BQ, BX, CA, CF
7 years ago
Clarify "specialty cell format "...
When I export products, the cell (e.g. Published) shows TRUE, and the type of the cell is "General"
7 years ago
what I can tell you is that I exported an excel spreadsheet file and opened it with LibreOffice. The "boolean" fields came out as 0 and 1s. The format was General and the Category was number. I don't have a copy of excel to really check out the issue (I can only read a file and make no changes). I can only relate what I have had to work around in the C# code that I am writing to import products back in. LibreOffice lets me change the Category for the column to boolean and then I get FALSE and TRUE. Now, if you export a XML file, the boolean fields are text values. I can not imagine a bug in LibreOffice that would make it change a text FALSE or TRUE to 0 or 1. I don't believe there are any settings in nopCommerce that would affect the export/import.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.