Inch character and iDeal payments

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,

Problem

iDeal payments (used in The Netherlands for payment by all mayor banks.) seems to have a problem with the inch (") caracter in the category name, productname and the product description.

Description

When my product has a name with 3/8" (inch) in it the payment provider gives an error message that the hashkey isn't correct, if this Inch character isn't used the hashkey is generated correctly.

Cause

This error is caused by the Microsoft XSS filter(Cross-Site Scripting) in Internet Explorer 8 that controls the interaction between the sending website(webstore) and the payment provider and pops-up when the iDeal website is reached, continuing after the message of IE with the selection and redirection to the choosen bank givers a hashkey error.

Important

Especially for stores that sell technical products I think this is (even though this isn't a bug in NopCommerce) a serious problem regarding payment with iDeal.

Suggestion

I think that during the generation of the order all inch characters should be removed from the strings  that are sended to the iDeal payment provider so the inch character can be used in all the fields mentioned above.
13 years ago
This bug will be fixed in the next release
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.