1000's of guest accounts

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Hi Team,

I'm using nopcommerce 3.80 and can see that huge number of guest accounts are created every second.

How can i prevent so many records from entering database. All these records are from same IP.

I see many threads in the forum but none of them quite clearly explain how to stop this from happening! Any setting in admin panel or in general mark something as a bot and ensure its not creating a guest account.
7 years ago
Try blocking that IP
7 years ago
Sorry, it was a typo. The IPs are different and all random, not in the same range too. Guests just keep adding records in the database every second. The count is in 10,000+ now in just a day.

Can anyone please suggest how to arrest this from continuing.
7 years ago
Maybe this can help: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/32088/thousands-of-empty-customer-records-created-every-day.aspx?p=4
7 years ago
if you interested to do some customization you can refer below as well
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/37816/suggestion-improvement-on-generating-guest-customer.aspx
7 years ago
Tecnofin wrote:

Thanks! I went through the post.

I see that 2 built in search engine records exist in my database.

Im using 3.80 and i dont see and uas_20140512-01.ini in the app data folder. Is this expected?

If it should exist then can you please tell me how to get this file now?
7 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
Im using 3.80 and i dont see and uas_20140512-01.ini in the app data folder. Is this expected?

The release notes for v3.8 show that they moved back to using browscap.xml for user agent detection. As the date in the uas_20140512-01.ini file name indicates, it hadn't been updated since 2014 so wasn't very good anymore.
7 years ago
petemitch wrote:

The release notes for v3.8 show that they moved back to using browscap.xml for user agent detection. As the date in the uas_20140512-01.ini file name indicates, it hadn't been updated since 2014 so wasn't very good anymore.

thanks for the update.

All the ip ranges were from Indonesia. I got the entire Indonesia ip range blocked in my windows firewall rules on the dedicated server.

Now I see the ip ranges of guests are coming from canada and china. I'm not really sure how to put an end to this.

It would be of really great help if someone can point me a way to put an end to this huge number of guest accounts creation from random ips.
6 years ago
I have upgraded to 3.90 from 3.80.

Still I see 1000's of guest accounts created. Infact the pagination now shows (852 pages x 15 accounts per page) guest accounts with no shopping cart items.

I'm using everleap, the premium host provider for hosting.

IP ranges are from different countries.. China, Japan, Ukrain etc.,

Is this some kind of attack or what is happening, I'm worried if the customerid identity value will reach the maximum value soon!
6 years ago
Has anybody found a solution to this?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.