Problems importing products file

3 years ago
I am having problems importing my products file to my site.

I created the first 5 products individually on the site, then exported to Excel so I could use the correct formatting.
Inserted all my products and info, but now when I import it isnt populating into my products page.

I noticed when I go to the "Search engine friendly page names" there is a listing of a page for each of my products, but then if I click edit it takes me to the products tab, where there is no products.

Can anyone assist?
3 years ago
If it showing on search engine friendly page then it should be good.

what happen when you click on Edit ?? if it not redirect to product edit page then are you getting any error message ??

can you check the System -> Log is there any error log added ??

if you are familier with database access may be you can directly check on Product table with query
Select * from Product order by id desc

so it will list out all product which is inserted recently.
3 years ago
vipul.dumaniya wrote:
If it showing on search engine friendly page then it should be good.

what happen when you click on Edit ?? if it not redirect to product edit page then are you getting any error message ??

can you check the System -> Log is there any error log added ??

if you are familier with database access may be you can directly check on Product table with query
Select * from Product order by id desc

so it will list out all product which is inserted recently.




Thanks Vipul for your reply.
When I click edit it does redirect me to the product page, but it doesnt show the products I have imported.

When I tried this morning I received the following error message in "Log" - A disk error occurred during a write operation. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8003001D (STG_E_WRITEFAULT))

Looking back to when I tried yesterday there is the following logged error - An error occurred while updating the entries. See the inner exception for details.
3 years ago
it seems like import is not done successfully as per the logs you mentions like error updating entity etc.

it require more troubleshooting exactly where it crashed or why not working may be its data issue that you setup on excel sheet.
3 years ago
Ive exported and started on a blank sheet so many times.
It is still giving problems.

I tried to load a small sheet with only 10 new items, it says it has imported, yet they dont appear on the product listing.

Also, when I do any editing to the 4 items I entered manually from the Admin area, in the same Excel sheet the changes are visible once it completes importing.
Just not the new products
3 years ago
Hi

please refer below links as your error log has same issue.

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/34387/a-disk-error-occurred-during-a-write-operation-while-importing-excel-with-product.aspx

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/35764/error-when-trying-excel-product-upload.aspx

Hope it helps