nopCommerce 3.90 BETA released. Please share your impressions

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Fantastic work of the Nop Team!
Thank you!
7 years ago
Congratulations..!!
Eagerly waiting as official releasing 3.90. :)
7 years ago
Great work by nop Team , congratulation nop team.
7 years ago
Thank you nopCommerce Team. Great work. Congratulation
7 years ago
Good work
7 years ago
Great work team. Hope Nop.Factory will come in short future.
7 years ago
Kudos to entire nopCommerce team!
7 years ago
Congratulations Team, Kudos to you.. any one wants to see the current 3.9 version then i uploaded it for you guys.

URL - http://beta.mobileandyou.com
UN  - [email protected]
PW  - admin123

Mail me if anyone needs any input from my side.

Regards
Amit Vyas
http://mobileandyou.com/
[email protected]
7 years ago
To the nopComm Team,

I looked at the change log, and did not see any mention of auction functionality.
I know it was on the roadmap for the 3.90 release. Will the auction function be in the 3.90 release?

Thanks
7 years ago
Compliments, for the neat release.

Here is one thing that could be improved and I've created the following pull request for it.

When there is more than one item to ship, those that have "ship for free" are included in weight calculation. As they should ship for free, shipment fee shouldn't consider them.
A fixed rate shipping can also be set in ByWeight mode and GetFixedRate in FixedOrByWeightComputationMethod should consider this.

Furthermore, I do see the need to revise tax calculation and functions that are involved.

ATM, tax rounding is not perfect. As there are many different aspects to consider an optimal solution has to be found.

Shoppingcart totals are recalculated several times during checkout. This should happen only when there is the need for it and it shouldn't happen after the customer has confirmed the order. For instance, there might be price changes, the customer confirms the order but new prices are applied without showing it to him. Moreover, the more recalculations there are the less performant the system is.

Order fields Incl/Excl tax are not necessary from my point of view. It is sufficient to have CustomerTaxDisplayTypeId with respective amounts. With only one type of amount field, there is lesse confusion, smaller data store, quite less code in views and functions.

Tax setup could be improved. Atm I do see the need for tax identifier codes that do show tax exemption texts on invoice. For instance, if you sell within EU, than we have to specify what type of tax exemption was set. It is not sufficient to show only a tax rate of zero.

Rounding per currency is also one of the points that should be addressed. One should be able to specify per currency how amounts, prices and tax should be rounded.

Thx, again for the great work and keep on
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.