Small Tool Help in Translating NopCommerce

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
rashed wrote:
while translation is not an easy task in nopcommerce

I searched alot for a tool to help me translating NopCommerce and found this simple tool (http://madskristensen.net/post/A-NET-resource-editor-application-for-resx-files.aspx) created by  Mads Kristensen.

but it works only with resx files [indevidual files], So I do some modifications on it to read XML files and do some classifications for project sections to make it easy to translate.

you can download this small tool from here  http://www.2Daytech.com/NopCommerceTranslator.zip  and give it a try ...

Screenshoot
http://www.2daytech.com/nopcommercetranslator.png

How to use

1-Download latest english package [The xml file].
   2- Open the exe file and browse to the location of xml file.
   3- Strat to translate.
   4- Upload in your language.

Important Note : backup your XML file before use.

So I ran your app loaded the most recent EN file after changing the name of the file to language_8. Made a bunch of changes and tried to upload it and got

INSERT failed because the following SET options have incorrect settings: 'QUOTED_IDENTIFIER'. Verify that SET options are correct for use with indexed views and/or indexes on computed columns and/or query notifications and/or xml data type methods.

Even the other file I exported would result with same error on reimport with no changes....

If someone could help that would be great!!!

THANKS!

Daniel
13 years ago
SAIBR.com wrote:

Even the other file I exported would result with same error on reimport with no changes....

If someone could help that would be great!!!

THANKS!

Daniel

So this mean the problem not in the tool ... is this right ?
13 years ago
Yes I would have to believe that the issue is out outside your very slick little tool. Does the file name matter? What other steps do I need, if any, to take before re-importing the file? I changed the file name and the language name. I am not sure where to look next...

Thank you,

Daniel
13 years ago
I tried your tool - at first look it seemed good to edit files. However it seems to have several bugs:
-If the file language_english.xml  is missing from the directory where NopCommerceTranslator.exe resides the program crashes
-If I browse to another file, it reads the first xml block correctly but all other settings are from the originally read language_english.xml . It then saves the file automatically, overriding all my previous settings.

The only way I could get it to work correctly is to always rename your xml file language_english.xml  and to place it in the same dir as the .exe  -  The browse causes problems by overwriting files with what is currenlty in memory.
13 years ago
funkan wrote:
I found the problem using another XML-reader that told me on what lines there were problems... they had use some special symbols in the names that it didn't want to read.

"Content.Shipping&Returns" for example, it didnt like the &-sign...

So what did you use to find those lines, how many were there? Can you help please, share your information??? When I do a search for the & there are over 620 instances of it. I could not readily identify the quoted usage of it anywhere. Was that the only problem, then you could upload it? How do resolve changing that without blowing up the code?

Again, please help!

Daniel
13 years ago
Thank you guys for sharing issues you found, I'll work hard on it, also I'll share the source code of this tool to any Contribution
13 years ago
I'm afraid to delay your work , so here is the code and you can work on it to fix issues you face then don't forget to share your patches :)

http://www.2Daytech.com/NopCommerceTranslatorCode.zip
13 years ago
Yes, when translating into a different language that uses Latin Entities (á = á) nopCommerce doesn't accept the xml unless you add a á On top of that the translating app crashes when you try to read or save files that contain the & character.

I know it takes work to fix this but any idea on when this could be fixed? I only ask because your tool is REALLY NICE!

Best wishes,
13 years ago
I share the tool source code you can handle what you want ... enjoy
12 years ago
ccasalicchio wrote:
Yes, when translating into a different language that uses Latin Entities (á = á) nopCommerce doesn't accept the xml unless you add a á On top of that the translating app crashes when you try to read or save files that contain the & character.

I know it takes work to fix this but any idea on when this could be fixed? I only ask because your tool is REALLY NICE!

Best wishes,

Actually I found that translating using normal accents (á,é,í,ó,ú,ã,õ,ê,ô,â,etc) then saving the file as UTF-8 solves the problem when uploading it to NopCommerce.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.