Adding product photos

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Hello,

I am trying to find a fast way to add photos to the list of products from a mobile phone camera.

When you try to load the file taking it from a photo it fails as the file is to big.

Is any way to do it?

Thank you in advance
7 years ago
ASP.Net restricts the max file size you can upload. You need to change web.config according to this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/288612/how-to-increase-the-max-upload-file-size-in-asp-net
7 years ago
Instead of increasing the size of the files that will have a very big impact on the page as the images will be to big, I will like to compress the images automatically without the user having to do it manually.
7 years ago
lumeEire wrote:
Instead of increasing the size of the files that will have a very big impact on the page as the images will be to big, I will like to compress the images automatically without the user having to do it manually.

When you upload an image from the admin interface it gets passed to the ValidatePicture function in the PictureService which will automatically resize and compress the image according to the MaximumImageSize and DefaultImageQuality settings from the Media settings page.

The picture service then generates thumbnail images of various sizes from the master image as required which are what actually get displayed throughout the site. Obviously the original image has to be uploaded to the server in order to be resized which is why you might want to increase the allowed file size.
7 years ago
I had changed the image size and I am able to save the images. I noticed that the images are saved on the DB but the thumbs are save internally:

...\content\images\thumbs\

Why are they save locally?
7 years ago
lumeEire wrote:
I had changed the image size and I am able to save the images. I noticed that the images are saved on the DB but the thumbs are save internally:

...\content\images\thumbs\

Why are they save locally?

Resizing an image is relatively cpu and memory intensive and therefore slow. Reading a static file from disk is extremely quick. So it makes sense to sense to generate all the thumbnails in advance and just serve them from a disk based cache.
7 years ago
I have to domains .com and .es. one will be redirected to the other once everything is ready but meanwhile I am testing I do changes in one and I leave the other with the older publish.

The problem is that those images store locally are stored on the domain that had uploaded the images and those thumb images are not accesible from the other domain because they are locally stored.

Access to the path 'D:\....\content\images\thumbs\0000086_cm_75.jpeg' is denied.
7 years ago
lumeEire wrote:
I have to domains .com and .es. one will be redirected to the other once everything is ready but meanwhile I am testing I do changes in one and I leave the other with the older publish.

The problem is that those images store locally are stored on the domain that had uploaded the images and those thumb images are not accesible from the other domain because they are locally stored.

Access to the path 'D:\....\content\images\thumbs\0000086_cm_75.jpeg' is denied.

That sounds like a simple permissions issue rather than anything to do with the multiple domain setup. Possibly you just need to grant write access to the thumbs folder for the application pool identity. Do you see any warnings for the affected site on the Warnings page?
7 years ago
I will ask the hosting provider to see if I can share the folder.

Thank you
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.