Paypal Direct REST API - Direct Credit card Payment NOT available for Australia

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Hi,

We have recently upgraded to 3.9 and noticed that Paypal Direct is now using new REST API. However, issue is Direct Credit card payment are NOT enabled using REST API for Australia. Is there any possibility to release old Paypal Direct plugin using classic/legacy Signature Access updated to 3.9 please?

regards
Dan
6 years ago
Hi, yes I released a version 3.9 as well and found that the API Username, API Password and signature were no longer being used. I created the App in the PP developer center but still could not process payments via the live credentials. I read somewhere that the service is not available in Australia however, after talking to PP they seem to think Australia is on the list of supported countries...  https://developer.paypal.com/docs/integration/direct/rest-api-payment-country-currency-support/

I have a ticket with their support team now...
6 years ago
tony.pickett@zareon.com.au wrote:
Hi, yes I released a version 3.9 as well and found that the API Username, API Password and signature were no longer being used. I created the App in the PP developer center but still could not process payments via the live credentials. I read somewhere that the service is not available in Australia however, after talking to PP they seem to think Australia is on the list of supported countries...  https://developer.paypal.com/docs/integration/direct/rest-api-payment-country-currency-support/

I have a ticket with their support team now...

Thanks Tony, yes RESTful API in 3.9 does NOT work for Australia. It works during Testing in Sandbox account without any issues, as soon as you switch to Live you will get "UNKNOWN" error back from the Paypal in response.  I have checked Paypal site as well as on Stackoverflow and confirm that AUD as a currency is supported however API is NOT enabled for Australia. Hence the reason I had to backout changes and revert back from 3.9. Seems like only option for NOP Australian customer to get on 3.9 is to modify plugin from 3.8 source code.
6 years ago
After going through the pain of working out this was the issue and PayPal telling us it would work, we have upgraded the 3.80 version to work with 3.90.
We've renamed it to legacy as this is what PayPal now refer to the NVP/SOAP API, it also means we can have both Plugins active if/when PayPal allow REST API for Australian accounts.

Message me here or contact us nop@aspireweb.com.au if you would like a copy of the legacy version for 3.90.

Matt
6 years ago
aspireweb wrote:
After going through the pain of working out this was the issue and PayPal telling us it would work, we have upgraded the 3.80 version to work with 3.90.
We've renamed it to legacy as this is what PayPal now refer to the NVP/SOAP API, it also means we can have both Plugins active if/when PayPal allow REST API for Australian accounts.

Message me here or contact us nop@aspireweb.com.au if you would like a copy of the legacy version for 3.90.

Matt

Thanks Matt, I'll email you shortly would love to get legacy version for 3.90 it'll save me time upgrading existing 3.8 plugin to 3.9 and compiling it.
6 years ago
Hey Dan,

Will send through shortly.

I also added additional config so we can turn on/off amex and discovery cards as a lot of shops don't accept these.

Matt
6 years ago
Hi Matt, I sent you a PM.

I was wondering if I can also get a copy of the legacy version of Paypal Direct for nopCommerce 3.9
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.