Error - Manual (Fixed or By Country/State/Zip) - Address is not set

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
After the upgrade to version 3.9, a log entry appeared

They are created continuously
6 years ago
In your Tax Settings, what is your "Tax based on"?  Billing, Shipping, Default Address?  (Do you have a default address set?)
6 years ago
Removed the plugin, and no more errors appear
5 years ago
I'm getting the same error on 4.0 every time somebody visits the shopping cart page.
Right...ok...but how do you calculate and assess taxes with the plugin removed?
5 years ago
I'm getting the same error on 4.0 every time somebody visits the shopping cart page.
Right...ok...but how do you calculate and assess taxes with the plugin removed?

I can't understand why this error is being thrown so often. My default address in Tax settings has been the same for many years:
5 years ago
In your Tax Settings, what is your "Tax based on"?  Billing, Shipping, Default Address?  (Do you have a default address set?)

(is there an echo in here? ;)
5 years ago
New York wrote:

New York wrote:

Sorry..I kept trying to insert a screenshot of my settings using the TinyMCE and it locked me out of the forum for SPAMing??

Anyway..
Tax is calculated and assessed appropriately, so I just can't figure out why it's complaining with an "Address not set" error...

I've actually played with it extensively trying to get a different result, to no avail.

It's been set on BillingAddress for several years, but I tried changing it to DefaultAddress and had no improvement.

In the Configuration >> Settings >> Tax Settings, in the area where it says "Default tax address (used for tax calculation)"...my country, state or province, and zip/postal code are defined as they always have been, and in the Settings table in the database, under the "taxsettings.defaulttaxaddressid" record, the value stored is a record from the Address table with the appropriate values. I even tried changing the "taxsettings.defaulttaxaddressid" to a different Address table record and the problem still persists.

It throws about 15 records to my System log per second, so I'd really like to solve this problem.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Steve
5 years ago
Here's the code
\Plugins\Nop.Plugin.Tax.FixedOrByCountryStateZip\FixedOrByCountryStateZipTaxProvider.cs

public CalculateTaxResult GetTaxRate(CalculateTaxRequest calculateTaxRequest)
{
  var result = new CalculateTaxResult();

//the tax rate calculation by fixed rate
  if (!_countryStateZipSettings.CountryStateZipEnabled)
  {
    result.TaxRate = _settingService.GetSettingByKey<decimal>(string.Format(FixedOrByCountryStateZipDefaults.FixedRateSettingsKey, calculateTaxRequest.TaxCategoryId));
    return result;
  }

//the tax rate calculation by country & state & zip
  if (calculateTaxRequest.Address == null)
  {
    result.Errors.Add("Address is not set");

return result;
  }

5 years ago
Thanks, but that just confirms what I already thought...it seems to think that I have no address values. But, as I said, tax is being calculated correctly, and I've got the defaulttaxaddressid set with the ID of our company's address record in the address table...and it has no null values at all.

I've also got address values input into the plugin configuration screen in the default tax address fields.
(I'm not sure which set of address values is actually used by the TaxCalculation service)
4 years ago
I get this same thing, 15 records a second get added. Was there ever a fix for it?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.