Help! I have installed and configured new version of nopCommerce. Tried to import old customers through SQL, suddenly deleted dbo.Customer.. What to d

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Hello.

I have installed nopCommerce 3.90. Imported all products and categories...

Then wanted to import customers from old site (3.5 version)...

Found an article about how to import through SQL Export & Import Wizard... Couldn't do it, because there was error.

Then suddenly I have deleted dbo.Customer I went to my VPS server opene MSSQL Studio, connected to the database...

Site doesn't work now... Please help me... What to do!???(((

Please, contact me by [email protected] or Skype id: zaf.su
6 years ago
RE: "deleted dbo.Customer"
Where, in the 3.50 system, or the 3.90 system?

You cannot just Export/Import customers using SQL from older versions to 3.90...  The 3.90 Customer table structure has changed (there is a new/additional CustomerPassword table)
6 years ago
check your vps provider, if they have a backup daily or weekly. if yes, you are lucky.

good luck!
6 years ago
New York wrote:
RE: "deleted dbo.Customer"
Where, in the 3.50 system, or the 3.90 system?

You cannot just Export/Import customers using SQL from older versions to 3.90...  The 3.90 Customer table structure has changed (there is a new/additional CustomerPassword table)

I have deleted dbo.Customer in new version, I didn't touch DB of the old site. Old site is alive and working now.

It is just new site (3.90) and there were just 3 customers and Admin.

How can I restore it? I don't have DB backup of new site.

Maybe I should create new site 3.90 and then export/import dbo.Customer? I am afraid to break smth else...(

If someone has some free time, please, let's talk by Skype, please help!)

Thanks.
6 years ago
Hello Zaf,

Do one thing,

make your db backup of your old site and restore it in your development environment. then follow  

http://docs.nopcommerce.com/display/en/Upgrading+nopCommerce

I think it would be better if you upgrade your db from older version to newer version rather than then import/export customer table.
6 years ago
Now, the problem is how to make new site work again? How to restore or create a new dbo.Customer table??? Please, help.
6 years ago
Are you sure the dbo.Customer table does not exist (vs. it's there but just has no rows)?  Because I'd think that the SQL Import wizard should not have been able delete the table due to the foreign keys (references from other tables).
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.