Product price always shown excl. tax as Administrator on front-end

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Using nopCommerce 3.90:

When signed in as an Administrator, viewing a product on the front-end always shows the price excluding tax.

I have tried Configuration > Settings > Tax settings > "Allow customers to select tax display type" checked and unchecked, with the "Tax display type" set to "Including tax" and there is still no change.

Viewing the same product page as a guest or authenticated customer (not Administrator) shows the price correctly.

I have tried looking through the source code and, so far, have been unable to find a reason why the price is always shown excluding tax when signed in as an Administrator
6 years ago
Do you have the admin customer set to Is tax exempt?
6 years ago
Thanks for the reply petemitch. No, the Administrator is not tax exempt.

Also, the "Administrators" customer role is not tax exempt.
6 years ago
One other thing I can think to check, do you have multiple tax provider plugins installed with one of them possibly restricted to the admin role? (not very likely)

Other than that I'd try set a break point on the GetTaxRate method in the TaxService and see what's coming back and why.
6 years ago
Thanks for the tip petemitch. I have managed to solve the problem now.

It was because the admin account had an address (not the main address) in the US, which is set to not be eligible for VAT

It was this if statement in the GetTaxRate method:

if (isTaxable && 
                _taxSettings.EuVatEnabled &&
                IsVatExempt(calculateTaxRequest.Address, calculateTaxRequest.Customer))
            {
                //VAT is not chargeable
                isTaxable = false;
}

where
isTaxable
was being set to false because of the Administrator's address. This in turn forced GetProductPrice to return the price without tax every time.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.