Configuring Google Analytics eCommerce Tracking

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Hi nopCommerce forum users.

I got tasked with resolving an eCommerce tracking issue for a client and they are using nopCommerce.   They seem to be passing through conversion data to Google Analytics, but some features are missing.

Currently we aren't tracking things like add to cart, or where they might have fallen out of the funnel.   It appears that they have installed the legacy Analytics code.

I'm curious what steps I need to take to resolve this issue.   Any help getting me pointed in the right direction would be helpful.
6 years ago
There is only one way that I know of, other than developing your own proprietary solution, to take advantage of the "Enhanced Ecommerce" options in GA...a plugin. It's expensive, but I highly recommend it.

We use it, and it allows for creating a checkout funnel in GA so as to know at what point customers abandon. It also allows for tracking clicks of internal lists and promotions within your site...Featured Item clicks, Related Items clicks, Also Purchased item clicks, etc..and it allows you to define how you want to measure "profit" at GA, which is really helpful.

You have to change a little bit of code on some of your views in order to measure all the various metrics, but it's pretty simple.
6 years ago
Thanks Embryo.    So from my understanding then it seems like you can track conversions by default, but some of the additional features of eCommerce tracking are not built into nopcommerce?
4 years ago
ethanm wrote:
Thanks Embryo.    So from my understanding then it seems like you can track conversions by default, but some of the additional features of eCommerce tracking are not built into nopcommerce?

Any improvement in Google Analytics E-Commerce Tracking?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.