Product images

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Hi there

I have version 3.9.

Im trying to a bulk import of products with images but images are not displaying.

I have copied all my images into the folder

i.e.

\wwwroot\content\images\thumbs\large\image.jpg

I then bulk import the file with the location specified

e:\HostingSpaces\XXX\XXXX\wwwroot\content\images\thumbs\large\image.jpg

but only the default no image is displayed.

any ideas what ive done wrong !?
Thanks
6 years ago
How did you "bulk import of products with images"?
6 years ago
Hi there
im using version 3.9
i first FTP  the jpeg images into the folders:
\content\images\thumbs\large\
\content\images\thumbs\

I then import the products by excel max 1000 products (using the nopcommerce format) column CO on the excel spreadsheet details the image file to use

i.e.
e:\HostingSpaces\name\domainname\wwwroot\content\images\thumbs\large\toner-boxM.jpg

what happens is that the first approx 120 products import with images but the rest of the products are imported without any image.

its really straange.. all the images exist on the server!

the products actually share images and some have imported correctly and some dont import. i have checked the urls and they are ok on the spreadsheet. its driving me crazy !!

Thanks!
6 years ago
ok i worked it out and such a small error on my part has taken me days of work!

If one image is not uploaded to the server when you bulk import then every product after the product that uses the missing image will also not have an image.

so if the image for product 100 of your 1000 product spreadsheet is not on the server - then the 900 products that follow this product 100 - will also not have an image added (even though there images are in place  and correct)

would be much better if nopcommerce just missed the one image rather than 900!
4 years ago
thank you for sharing that , two years later im facing this issue , im using 3.9due to the theme im using
4 years ago
thank you for sharing that , two years later im facing this issue , im using 3.9due to the theme im using
4 years ago
Has this been fixed in v. 4.2?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.