nopCommerce 3.50 PayPal Standard plugin error

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Dear all,

I'm new to nopCommerce and I'm trying to configure a payment type with the PayPal Standard plugin. Actually I'm using the paypal sandbox.

I've followed all the specified steps but I'm getting an error after the payment, when I'm redirected from paypal success payment screen to my test site. The resulting url

http://[testsite.com]/errorpage.htm?aspxerrorpath=/Plugins/PaymentPayPalStandard/PDTHandler

I've found other threads about this issue, but unfortunately I've not found an effective solution.

Can you help me find out what's happening?

Thank you
6 years ago
Hello

Did you happen to check the error log?
Once you complete the payment what happened next?
Can you explain the stepe in more detailed manner?

Thanks
6 years ago
Thank you fir the reply. The error log is the followibg:

WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.]
   System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context) +916
   System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream() +13
   Nop.Plugin.Payments.PayPalStandard.PayPalStandardPaymentProcessor.GetPdtDetails(String tx, Dictionary`2& values, String& response) +404
   Nop.Plugin.Payments.PayPalStandard.Controllers.PaymentPayPalStandardController.PDTHandler(FormCollection form) +456
   lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +104
   System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) +14
   System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +157
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +27
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<BeginInvokeSynchronousActionMethod>b__39(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ActionInvocation innerInvokeState) +22
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`2.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +29
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResultBase`1.End() +49
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethod(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +32
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3d() +50
6 years ago
I think PayPal require SSL connection. When I google this issue. It seems not only nopcommerce but everyone have this issue.
Since you are using sandbox environment I assume you can turn off SSL requirement in PayPal settings
Just give it a go and see how it turns out
6 years ago
Thank you for reply.

In my sandbox Payment preferences I have:

Auto Return for Website Payments: On
Return Url: set with details of the first message
PDT (optional):  On
Identity Token: set in the plungin config
Encrypted Website Payments: Off
PayPal Account optional: On
Support Express checkout settings: off

I don't find other options to disable ssl.

Thank you for your support
6 years ago
Do you have SSL ? if so turn it on .. this seem to be an issue with security certificate
can you check with the same configuration in a nopCommerce 3.9 installation? (latest version at the time of writing this )
6 years ago
Unfortunately I don't have an ssl certificate for my test doman. I've found that PayPal express doesn't require ssl. I could try that way.

So in your opinion it's not working because it requires an ssl connection?

Thank you
6 years ago
At the end I've tried to upgrade nopCommerce to the version 3.90 and now the plugin works, without changing anything on paypal side.

Thank you for your assistance
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.