Eway payment not working -Australia

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
We use nopCommerce 3.70 and eway payment plugin provided by the nop commerce team. The credit card payment was working fine, but now I am getting an error

"The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden."

I can't figure out what is happening. Any ideas?? It was working perfectly until last week. Last week eway payment gateway got upgraded to TLS 1.2. Is that causing the issue? How do I fix this?

FULL MESSAGE FROM LOG
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at Nop.Plugin.Payments.eWay.GatewayConnector.ProcessRequest(GatewayRequest Request) at Nop.Plugin.Payments.eWay.eWayPaymentProcessor.ProcessPayment(ProcessPaymentRequest processPaymentRequest) at Nop.Services.Payments.PaymentService.ProcessPayment(ProcessPaymentRequest processPaymentRequest) at Nop.Services.Orders.OrderProcessingService.PlaceOrder(ProcessPaymentRequest processPaymentRequest)
6 years ago
Looks like permission issue.
6 years ago
psnttp wrote:

It was working perfectly until last week. Last week eway payment gateway got upgraded to TLS 1.2. Is that causing the issue? How do I fix this?

May be that's the issue!, you can try to add following line to Application_Start at Global.asax.cs file.

ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = SecurityProtocolType.Tls12;

Or else without changing source code, read out here: TLS 1.2 in Eway payment gateway
6 years ago
Was the global file change actually working for anyone?
6 years ago
I tried it. It is not working for me. My site is down for 1 week now :(. I don't want to upgrade to a new version of nopcommerce, since there are lots of customizations.
6 years ago
I tried contacting eway, but we they don't seem to have a clear guide to fix it yet, only the general information how to set the site to tls1.2, I wouldn't think it's working either.
6 years ago
It is working for me. Changed nopcommerce 3.8

Added the line to Global.asax.cs

protected void Application_Start()
{
   //most of API providers require TLS 1.2 nowadays
   System.Net.ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = System.Net.SecurityProtocolType.Tls12;
}

Recompiled. Deployed the updated Nop.Web.dll to the bin folder on the server.
Restarted IIS. All good!

I'm happy to help, PM me for any specific issues.
6 years ago
Thanks for that, and yes, I have made it working after I posted it. That's exactly what I did.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.