Multilanguage issues on 3.9. How about 4.0?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Hello!

NopCommerce has options of multi language sites (which is great!). As it works now, my website uses Swedish langauge, and only Swedish (English is turned off), and links/pages, etc have the "tabs" between 'Standard', 'Svenska', and 'English' (Shouldn't it be gone with English disabled? Anyway, not the problem right now).

Issue is that unless I insert Swedish text and info into the Standard tab - Admin/Content Management/Topics (pages) -> Edit which ever page, and you will see the tabs - it will not show up on the site. Like the site only uses the standard tab, even though the Swedish language is the only enabled one.

Now, we're close to 4.0, so fixing it now isn't really an issue, I just work with Standard tabs, but is that particular issue fixed in 4.0?

OR better yet, has anyone encountered that issue and could point me in the right direction where to fix?

All the best!
Michal
6 years ago
BeardLantern wrote:
Shouldn't it be gone with English disabled?

Hi Michal,

No, it's by design. Store owner could add new languages to the site. But they keep them unpublished until they translate their catalogs to a new language

BeardLantern wrote:
Issue is that unless I insert Swedish text and info into the Standard tab - Admin/Content Management/Topics (pages) -> Edit which ever page, and you will see the tabs - it will not show up on the site. Like the site only uses the standard tab, even though the Swedish language is the only enabled one.

Not sure that I got you. Could you please clarify the issue.

By the way, why do you have English disabled? If you don't use it, then just delete it. It can increase your site performance and simplify management
6 years ago
Hi,

I can confirm some issue with upgrade from 3.9 to 4.0.
My 3.9 site has Polish language pack installed.
After upgrade to 4.0 web browser is redirected to www.nop-shop-domain.com/pl wthat not exsit
And HTTP Error 500.19

rgds
6 years ago
OK. Sorry, my fault :-)
I forgot to install .NET Core Windows Server Hosting bundle

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/core/publishing/iis?tabs=aspnetcore2x
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.