Cannot get to the installer for 4.00

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
I'm fairly new to nopCommerce. I'm trying to install 4.0.0 and for some reason I cannot get to the installer from my site in iis using the nopCommerce 4.00 - Web (no source) download. I just get this error.

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

While I'm aware that this is usually a permission issue, I don't think that's the problem here. If I try to use nopCommerce 3.90 - Web (no source) the installer comes up fine and I am able to install.

Can anyone help me?
6 years ago
Hello Rachel,

This is a known error. You need to check information under "Supported web servers" on nopCommerce documentation page here http://docs.nopcommerce.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=10256757

You just need to install Install .NET Core Window Server hosting runtime (download)

Download Long Term Support (v1.1.5) Runtime for appropriate CPU
6 years ago
Same error, installed .net core but it can not fix.
6 years ago
tried all steps, but getting same error.
6 years ago
Thanks Atul. That solved the problem for me.

To anyone else that is still having this issue. Make sure you are installing Windows Server Hosting (.exe) specifically, and not just the .NET core SDK. It's under "Other Windows Downloads".
6 years ago
One more thing to consider is this one

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/core/publishing/iis?tabs=aspnetcore2x#install-the-net-core-windows-server-hosting-bundle

One this page the first one .NET Core Windows Server Hosting bundle

And then follow steps in CMD (Admin mode)

Restart the system or execute net stop was /y followed by net start w3svc from a command prompt to pick up a change to the system PATH.
6 years ago
I'm am trying get nopCommerce 4.0 working.

I'm using:

* Visual Studio 2017
* SQL Server 2017 Standard

If I choose to use the "SQL Server Compact" option or connect to an existing (but empty) SQL Server instance I get the error:

"System.NullReferenceException: 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'

Nop.Web.Models.Install.InstallModel.DataProvider.get returned null."

As screenshot for more detail can be seen here.

Note that I know that the DB instance I have created in VS2017 works, as I can successfully connect to it.

It looks as though I am missing some configuration (or there is an error in the nopCommerce code), but I cannot see what that is as I have followed the installation guide. Any help would be appreciated.
6 years ago
Ok, so I found the issue.

For some reason, if you follow the instructions using the set-up I described below, if you are using IE11 the set-up fails. It does not post back the DataProvider setting.

When I tried the installation instructions using Chrome, the set-up process works fine.

Dysanovic wrote:
I'm am trying get nopCommerce 4.0 working.

I'm using:

* Visual Studio 2017
* SQL Server 2017 Standard

If I choose to use the "SQL Server Compact" option or connect to an existing (but empty) SQL Server instance I get the error:

"System.NullReferenceException: 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'

Nop.Web.Models.Install.InstallModel.DataProvider.get returned null."

As screenshot for more detail can be seen here.

Note that I know that the DB instance I have created in VS2017 works, as I can successfully connect to it.

It looks as though I am missing some configuration (or there is an error in the nopCommerce code), but I cannot see what that is as I have followed the installation guide. Any help would be appreciated.
6 years ago
I am trying to get this to run on my Windows 2008R2 sever to no avail. I have installed the core components as suggested in this post. It seems it is looking for a default page

HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden
The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory.

My other websites work fine NOP 3.9

Please advise install on Windows servers.

Thanks Everyone!

(PS: Works in my Visual Studio 2015 Environment.)
6 years ago
I believe I had installed the wrong ASP.Net CORE package. Works fine now...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.