Cannot get to the installer for 4.00

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
vsammons wrote:
I believe I had installed the wrong ASP.Net CORE package. Works fine now...

Which pakage that you used?
6 years ago
Hi,
I am running nopCommerce 4.00
This massage preview:
Microsoft Visual Studio 2013: One or more projects in the solution were not loaded correctly.
Please see the Output Window for details.
Guide me, Please.
Thanks.
6 years ago
You need to use Visual Studio 2017 for version 4.00
6 years ago
I found my resolution to this same situation after following all the prior workarounds in this thread and still getting this error in a windows 10 IIS10 without source install:
Application startup exception: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'NUglify

It seems Windows puts a block on the dll files copied in to the local folders from the download of version 4.0 in the Windows 10 files system.
If you right click view properties on any of the dll files in the root folder of v4.0 you will see they have been blocked. You can click each dll and click the unblock property box on each of them which is a monotonous process. I found a workaround that will accomplish the task using Power Shell 5.2 in my version of Win10.
Open a new instance of Power Shell and run the following command.

gci PASTE_FOLDER_PATH_HERE\*.dll -Recurse | Unblock-File

If folder structure contains folder names with spaces you will have to wrap with quotes as follows

gci "PASTE_FOLDER_PATH_HERE\*.dll" -Recurse | Unblock-File

I hope this helps someone else having the issue I was having, I spent all day yesterday searching and trying to resolve this issue.

My best to all.
6 years ago
Hi Guys

I have been through the pain of blocked files, if your moving files from one place to another especially with nop 4.0 the best practise is to zip it up first then move it, then right click the zip and check properties at the other end and just make sure the files are not blocked before you unpack it, providing you do that you should be good to go, otherwise you will have a headache trying to work it out.

Kind Regards
Ron
6 years ago
I successfully published the 4.0 version on iis.
You need to be insatlled .net core sdk and Windows Server Hosting (.exe) from https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/windows
6 years ago
atulrungta wrote:

One this page the first one .NET Core Windows Server Hosting bundle

Thank you!!

I've been struggling with an error 500 on a new NOP 4.0 installation and newly provisioned Server 2016 VM.

For some reason, the downloads available at https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/Windows/run no longer include the Hosting Bundle (where has it gone?). All that page has is the .NET Core Runtime and ASP.NET Core Runtime (I tried version 2.0.6 of both) and they didn't work. I had to use the link you provided above with the Hosting Bundle 2.0.5 and it worked.

Many thanks.
3 years ago
I don't understand you. How to solve this problem. I don't know.

My hosting provider not install anything software. But I want to nopcommer 4.2 and older install.

Server Manager don't want to upgrade anything . My old nopcommerce version 3.4 3.5 3.8 websites not problem.

please help to me. My provider websitepanel using. İf help to me  solidcp installation , I use to my Workstatiton.
3 years ago
Sorry your post is a bit confusing
If you want to run v4.2 then you need to install the correct runtines for it to work
https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-core/2.0
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.