Serious IIS Application Pool recycling bug/design flaw

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
I have the same issue on Azure for nop 4.10 too.
5 years ago
alldogsoffroad wrote:
In this thread it appears that there are three separate documented and independently verified and reproducible bugs, affecting Nopcommerce 4.0 and 4.1, all related to the primary issue:  

1. One where PluginShadowcopy crashes the app at random every 29 hours due to a conflict between Nopcommerce and IIS overlapping application pool recycling

2. One where UsePluginShadowcopy = False to resolve #1 breaks plugins with views due to missing references.

3. One where CopyLockedPluginAssembilesToSubdirectoriesOnStartup = True to resolve #1 throws a "System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path exception"

On Azure App Service where we have the application running, I have enabled autoheal.  It will catch when the server starts posting 500 errors and reboot the application.  This isn't a solution to the problem, it's a temporary fix so that the app doesn't remain in crashed state for hours at a time.  

Please note these unresolved bugs cause significant negative impact to SEO and SEM in production environments, in addition to poor customer experience and lost revenue.

I had the same problem with nopcommerce 4.10 and I try to configure autoheal. It seems that I didn't configure it correctly because the app is not restarted. Can you provide some details for this configuration
5 years ago
Hello Timmit, will this work for 4.10 too ? I'm on 4.10 and getting the error
timmit wrote:
yeap, we have same problem. We use solution from this topic, but today we have holiday i try to rest, and clients sends PM and asking us "what's going on, page don't working"...

I check logs... and 5 hours page was been down...

It's so weak... we waited a half year to take stable nop 4.0... and... have something like this... In nop 3.7 we have 0 problems... i'm so disapointed... we need write script today, and application will be restarted all time when server generate 500 error... but... is this a really solution? Well...  maybe 4.1 will solve this... but what certainty this has no to a generate new bugs like this...

I'm not sure which solution you used, but this will fix it. It just removes the shadow copy code altogether.

Download Nop 4.0 source
Replace PluginManager.cs code with this - https://pastebin.com/RABL78sb
Build in release mode
Copy Nop.Core.dll to all affected websites
Delete the Plugins/bin folder (where the shadow copy dlls used to preside)

Won't take you more than 30 minutes. Nop Team don't give a shit, there's no patch coming.

I've been using this fix in production for a very long time without issue.
5 years ago
Hello Sergie ,
It's not fixed , still getting errors in 4.10, any fix yet ?
Sergei-k wrote:
Hi everyone, we fixed this issue in nopCommerce 4.10, but our development process does't support making changes in already released versions of the product, so we ask you to look at this commit and make them in your code yourself.
5 years ago
I try top find solution for nop 4.10 and wrote about in another post.

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/58070/bug-relating-to-overlapping-application-pool-recycling-in-iis-and-nopcommerce-41-usepluginshadowcopy.aspx?p=2
5 years ago
Hello Foxnet, thank you for this. So does this fix the 4.10 error for the app going down and having the "an error occurred issue" ? foxnetsoft wrote:
5 years ago
I tried to find solution.
You can try it to
5 years ago
Thanks again for net, so you are saying this link will fix it ?
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/58070/bug-relating-to-overlapping-application-pool-recycling-in-iis-and-nopcommerce-41-usepluginshadowcopy.aspx?p=2

Should I try this link ?
foxnetsoft wrote:
I tried to find solution.
You can try it to
5 years ago
I did new DLL with my fixes.
You can try this DLL file.
Read that topic.
5 years ago
Hello again foxnetsoft, I tried the dll yesterday, the site only came up after a few hours. Thank you so much. I have a few questions again.can I have your WhatsApp number to talk to you? Maybe you can send me via PM..thank you foxnetsoft wrote:
I did new DLL with my fixes.
You can try this DLL file.
Read that topic.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.