When does number of image files stop growing?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Hello,

I am using nopCommerce 3.90 with source.

Our Pictures are stored into...file system

Do the number of images in /Content/Images, /Content/Images/Thumbs/000, /Content/Images/Thumbs/001, /Content/Images/Thumbs/000 ever stop growing?

We have about 7,000 products and the number of image files is now up to 86,572 and it is still going up.
Since October, I have had to buy four additional disk space upgrades at 500 megabytes each.

We update our inventory almost every other day.  Some products go out of stock and we mark them as deleted.  Some products are new.

Is there some way to delete the images where the products are out of stock and deleted?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony
6 years ago
Carneno wrote:

Is there some way to delete the images where the products are out of stock and deleted?

- You can create service for delete picture and delete picture on  delete or mark as un-published product using Action filter or Event.

It'll help you to manage your disk space.
6 years ago
rajupaladiya wrote:

- You can create service for delete picture and delete picture on  delete or mark as un-published product using Action filter or Event.

It'll help you to manage your disk space.

Raju,

Thanks for this help.  I will have to study Action Filters.

Can you tell me how to delete pictures once I get the Action Filter to work?

Thanks,
Tony
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.