4 steps Checkout

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Hi,

I would like to introduce new Checkout for nopCommerce. It would contains only 4 steps, but still will be very intuitive for users.

You can find sample in this extension here for nopCommerce v 3.90

I saw in 4.0 improvemnets which are steps forward '4 steps checkout' but still not exacly the same what I would like to present.

1a. Step Biling address
If user will not choose "Shipping to different address" we will assume that billing address would be shipping address as well and use it to shipping estimations if needed.

1b. Step Shipping address
If user pressed "Shipping to different address" on previous screen, would be redirected to Shipping address form. It would not be displayed as a step, because it's part of Step 'Addresses' and not always user will use this page.

2. Step Shipping method

I moved pickup point to be displayed as regular shipping method. It's a different type of shipping but, that would confuse users. If user has choosen shipping address on 1 step, PickupPoints shouldn't be displayed.  

3. Step Payment Method

I've reduced two steps into one. User can choose payment method and "Preview details" will be loaded via javascript below.

4. Step Confirm order
I've added here ability to leave comments to order. It is very helpfull, and moved confirm button add the top. In many cases users forgot to press it because they think order  has been placed already.

There is another variation of this solution where Shipping Method is a First step. Then user can choose either pickup point or Courier, and after that would add shipping address if needed. But it will not work with many shipping methods, that require shipping addres to estimate costs.

This model works well for more than half year in 6 shops I manage. Please let me know what do you think about it. Would it be nice to implement it in next nopCommerce version?
6 years ago
Hey Cloud,

The 'SHIP TO DIFFERENT ADDRESS' button is not showing when installed, but you have it in your screenshot.
6 years ago
Hi,

You need to turn off following feature:

Admin -> Settings -> Shipping settings -> (Advanced) ShipToTheSameAddress

Please let me know if it helps.
6 years ago
Hello, this looks like a great plugin - something that I was waiting for a long time.
Can you tell if this will be applicable for version 3.8? I saw you said it is for 3.9 , but will there be any issues  ,that you know of, using it with 3.8?
Thank you!
6 years ago
doncho wrote:
Hello, this looks like a great plugin - something that I was waiting for a long time.
Can you tell if this will be applicable for version 3.8? I saw you said it is for 3.9 , but will there be any issues  ,that you know of, using it with 3.8?
Thank you!

If plugin supports nopCommerce 3.90, it won't work in nopCommerce 3.80. It will work, if somebody who has source code will make a downgrade for you.

Best,
Patryk
6 years ago
Hi,

I installed your plugin on a client's website - https://www.ort-online.co.za, and it workks fine on the default template. My client wanted to use the "NopElectro" theme as it fits in well with his corporate colours.

But now as soon as you start the checkout, it seems to disregard the theme, and simply display the checkout without the theme attached (have a look at the website and checkout process to see what I mean).

So I dediced to uninstall the plugin and use the NopElectro them's one-page checkout. This is where I ran into a serious problem. As soon as you uninstall the Nice Checkout plugin it somehow causes a bug in nopcommerce which then does not regognize ANY payment methods at all.

So it looks like your plugin overwrites some setting in the database, and when you uninstall it, it messes up the standard checkout process, which cannot see any payment methods as active.

I tested this with the default theme, same problem.

Please can you tell me how we can fix this issue, as I need to solve this with great urgency.

Thank you
6 years ago
I ran into the same problem. Uninstall the plugin, delete it from your Plugin's folder and rebuild your solution. That will fix it. 4 steps checkout doesn't work with Nop Template's plugins. When you install Seven Spikes Core the plugin stops working completely. You see, it's not only displaying "No payment method available", it seems that it is somehow disabled or uninstalled cause you can see six steps and not four steps on the background.
6 years ago
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.
I am working to fix that. I will update it as soon as it will be ready.
6 years ago
Hello! Any any news about the problem? Thank, you!
5 years ago
Bugs have been fixed
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.