Remove email address field in Shipping address section

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Hi,

Can someone please help/mention as to how we can remove email id field from the Shipping address section. This field seems to be listed as a mandatory field and we do not see any place to edit this
6 years ago
Hello,

Nopcommerce not allowing to enable/disable email field from address from admin side address tab here

So you need to customize in the code.

Thanks,
Jatin
6 years ago
in that case is it possible for someone to post a sample code here, please
4 years ago
I'm using version 3.7. Is there really no way to disable email?
4 years ago
As Jatin says you need to customise
Are you running the source code version and can use Visual Studio ?
4 years ago
is there an update to this post?  I have purchasers who place orders for their patients however we do not always have a valid email available for these patients.  is there a way to disable this field when placing order in shipping info?
4 years ago
No that is the only field you can not disable given that email is sort of a key field
One simple way is to use a temporary (not working) email using first and last name something like
i.e. [email protected] later on if you get an email for them you can update it
`
4 years ago
Another way is hiding email field by css - display none and set any dummy value as Yidna said in previous comment. So user will can't see email field and it not break further process.
4 years ago
Thank you how do I hide? Is this in settings?
4 years ago
Edit the .cshtml file
add the attributes on the field
style="display:none"
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.