NopCommerce With Angular

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Is NopCommerce Product is not posssiable in Angular..If Possiable..then When?
5 years ago
You can do it.I am converting all of them nopcommerce to angular 6 asp.net core web api with ef core.
5 years ago
Hi turgutizer,

I think you should contribute that part to nopCommerce team. So user can enjoy with angular performance.

Thanks,
Jatin
5 years ago
turgutizer wrote:
You can do it.I am converting all of them nopcommerce to angular 6 asp.net core web api with ef core.

I see no point in using angular with api in nop commerce.  
u already make the server request with .net, angular is effective when connecting directly to the DB
5 years ago
hezyz wrote:

I see no point in using angular with api in nop commerce.  
u already make the server request with .net, angular is effective when connecting directly to the DB

Angular does not connect to the DB ever. It is a front-end framework not a back-end.
5 years ago
tymas02 wrote:

Angular does not connect to the DB ever. It is a front-end framework not a back-end.

firebase firestore and many others
5 years ago
hezyz wrote:

firebase firestore and many others

Firebase firestore serve as the back-end. In nopcommerce .net core with sql server serve the back-end.
Plus firebase and firestore are not relational databases like sql server. They are no sql databases.
4 years ago
Hi, a customer who just got back from a conference where there were lots of competitor stands giving out business cards with links to their eCommerce, showed me this one site:

https://www.h2r-equipements.com/

He claims the company is rapidly growing in France mostly due to the success of a really well built eCommerce; a combination of a super fast portal with a really modern UI, as well as great content and structure.

So I did "View Source" and copy and pasted a few lines of code found in the page to google. The links coming back in google were pointing to PrestaShop+Angular. The credits at the bottom of the eCommerce indicate the site has been built by the following web agency: https://www.dream-me-up.fr. Looking at their web site I got a confirmation that they are PrestaShop experts.
It's not PrestaShop making the site super fast and modern, but the use of Angular.

So I searched this forum to see if Angular can be used with NopCommerce and found this post.
The first person is saying he has done it and the rest are saying it is no use as SQL isn't a suitable candidate!

a) Are there any links to online sites that have NopCommerce+Angular and any documentation describing in detail on how it can be done?
b) Is the investment really beneficial? If Angular can be used as the first person claims, does it considerably speed up NopCommerce?

SPEED PROBLEMS
I have also read this forum for speed problems. I find NopCommerce to be slow on first load then afterwards respond in adequate times. The slow initial load is a problem as it is likely to negatively affect SEO and customer experience.

This is what I do to tried to do to resolve the speed problem (but I haven't resolved that initial 10 second load time):

- I am using 4,2 and have followed the official performance guidelines:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/nopcommerce-performance-guide

- I regularly look at the log and follow up issues

- I automate most of the data import/export as the admin panel screens are the ones most affected by speed problems (i.e. Product page editing is pretty bad - the tabs in 3.9 weren't as user friendly but performance was better). Luckily i's not such a huge problem as they are only used by back office staff.

- I have constructed several admin panel custom pages to facilitate real time data entry (i.e. Discounts, Translations, Characteristics ecc). This allows them ton handle all affected products in one page rather than waiting for each individual "Product page" to load

- I use the SQL DBA tools to identify slow running queries, and make sure all the ones I have added are fast

Anyway this is a long post.
I am really interested in knowing more about NopCommerce and Angular.  
We need to compete with great web eCommerce sites that already use Angular.
If you look at the Microsoft documentation about Angular you find they are including "Angular project template with ASP.NET Core 3". Will the next release of NopCommerce include it?
4 years ago
RE: I am really interested in knowing more about NopCommerce and Angular.

if you still have concerns about speed, then please create another topic to discuss

...slow on first load
        (are you using Keep Alive?  Is your ASP app restarting frequently due to inadequate memory)

...i.e. Product page editing is pretty bad
        (have you tried the demo -   https://admin-demo.nopcommerce.com/  
        If it works fast there, then it must be something about your system.)
4 years ago
With angular we can use it in ionic framwork so then we have both android and ios support, also it can cover pwa.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.