Admin Setting Changes don't update on interface until the application is restarted.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
I've deployed to Azure and any admin settings changes I make do not work in the interface until I restart the application. For example, if I check on "Display New Products" in the General Settings and save the page, it comes back with the checkbox off instead of on. If I restart the application after that, it is checked. It does that to a bunch of other settings as well. I don't have this issue in my local development environment. I checked the logs and nop commerce doesn't report any errors. Has anyone experienced this?
6 years ago
I created a fresh NopCommerce MarketPlace site in Azure and it behaves the same way right out of the box. Anyone have a solution for this?
6 years ago
Turns it is caching doing it's job. After you save your setting change, if you click the gear button in the top right of your admin site, there is a Clear Cache feature. Just clear the cache and your settings view will be refreshed and match what you originally submitted and saved to the db. That explains why I never saw it in a development/debugging environment and why the setting would be correct after an app restart. Hopefully this saves time for someone else who is baffled by a setting not updating in production. It's not a great experience to make a change and then see it reverted on the screen after a save. Perhaps something the NopCommerce team can consider fixing. :)
5 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
Turns it is caching doing it's job. After you save your setting change, if you click the gear button in the top right of your admin site, there is a Clear Cache feature. Just clear the cache and your settings view will be refreshed and match what you originally submitted and saved to the db. That explains why I never saw it in a development/debugging environment and why the setting would be correct after an app restart. Hopefully this saves time for someone else who is baffled by a setting not updating in production. It's not a great experience to make a change and then see it reverted on the screen after a save. Perhaps something the NopCommerce team can consider fixing. :)

This helped me out too!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.