Question for using for B2B site

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Hi!

We are looking at using nopCommerce for our company site, and I just wanted to check if the following is implemented / Can be implemented via Plug Ins. If any one can let know if the followings is possible (out of the box / via plugins / with changes to the code base) that would be much appreciated.

We have a local system that is used to manage images & product details. Is there an API available that will allow us to upload product data and images from our local system to nopCommerce? We would do a one time upload of all data and then ongoing updates as products change / are added.
The same would apply to Categories / Sub Categories.

The site will initially be for our existing B2B account holders. Again we have a local system where all this data is stored. Is there a way to upload that? For this data we also need the option to pull down from nop to the local system any updates made - can this be done?

Does nop support account based product pricing (not sure what the correct naming is)? Every account has an individual price for each product. Pricing should only by shown once they have logged in. Possible?

The next step of this is to then open the site up to non-account holders, for this there would need to be quantity breaks on the products (e.g. 0-10 = $10,  11-20 = $9) for non-account holders. But at the same time when account holders log in they can see their personal prices for each product.

Thanks for you help
Jimmy
6 years ago
Hello Jimmy,

Whatever you asked is possible in nopCommerce. Few features are already present out of box in nopCommerce and few needs to be developed but there are ready-made solutions on marketplace as well. Please look at my answer below for each section.

JimmyDSmitth wrote:

We have a local system that is used to manage images & product details. Is there an API available that will allow us to upload product data and images from our local system to nopCommerce? We would do a one time upload of all data and then ongoing updates as products change / are added.
The same would apply to Categories / Sub Categories.

The site will initially be for our existing B2B account holders. Again we have a local system where all this data is stored. Is there a way to upload that? For this data we also need the option to pull down from nop to the local system any updates made - can this be done?

This can be done using API plugins available for nopCommerce and using their API's to develop a system that could work as you wanted.

JimmyDSmitth wrote:

Does nop support account based product pricing (not sure what the correct naming is)? Every account has an individual price for each product. Pricing should only by shown once they have logged in. Possible?

Yes you can allow customer role wise pricing and configure it using tier prices in nopCommerce.

JimmyDSmitth wrote:

The next step of this is to then open the site up to non-account holders, for this there would need to be quantity breaks on the products (e.g. 0-10 = $10,  11-20 = $9) for non-account holders. But at the same time when account holders log in they can see their personal prices for each product.

This can be also done using tier prices in nopCommerce.

So, solution for most of your requirement is supported out of box and only things related to your local system need a development using API plugins for nopCommerce.

For development or consultation related work on nopCommerce, you can drop your requirement on [email protected]
We would be happy to help you.

Thank you,
Atul
6 years ago
Hi Atul,

Thanks for your answers, it's good to hear that we can set prices for each user and have general prices for others.

I'm a little surprised that nop has no native APIs without an extra plugin. I assume we would need to be sure the plugin is upgraded and fully tested before trying to do a version upgrade.

Otherwise that all looks quite positive.
6 years ago
Hello Jimmy,

JimmyDSmitth wrote:
Hi Atul,

Thanks for your answers, it's good to hear that we can set prices for each user and have general prices for others.

I'm a little surprised that nop has no native APIs without an extra plugin. I assume we would need to be sure the plugin is upgraded and fully tested before trying to do a version upgrade.

Otherwise that all looks quite positive.

Sounds good. Let me know if you need any help from us on your project. Have a good day.

Thank you,
Atul Rungta
NopCommerce MVP & Certified Developer
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.