Urgent Help needed !!! Cannot add new topic : I cannot see the publish button

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
Hello everyone,

I am still using a old version of 2.20. I want to add a new topic but I don't see any publish button to put it alive, how can I go about solving this ?
5 years ago
Hello,

Could you please elaborate your information so I could assist you very friendly way?
5 years ago
Hi member sk5202,

I want to add a new topic, so I go to my Content Management. I click Topic, and usually I can create a new topic by doing these steps. But now after I click save, the new topic I created did not shows up in my site. Have I miss anything here ?

Also I don't see any "publish" button to publish the new topic I just created. How can I go about solving this ?

My version is 2.20.

With Best regards,
Norman Wong
5 years ago
You don’t actually publish a topic as such. Topics have system names for example "HomePageText". Various controls in the website read specific topics via the system name and display the topic contents in a particular area or page on the website.
Not sure about your version 2.2 but typically say in the footer there is a list to page references that are resolved to a particular topic via passing parameters to a page - you click on the list and it displays that topic.
i.e. DisplayTopic.aspx?SelectTopic=HowItWorks
So if you search your code for "HomePageText" or any of the other topic system names you can see how your particular version displays the topic in the various locations on the pages - then it’s a matter of copying and pasting that code and changing the system name to the new one you have created
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.