Forums need a little work...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
Hello,

Someone please tell me what to do with Forum user rajupaladiya on what he did in this post here
5 years ago
Yidna wrote:
So much spam on the Forums - Does not look good - and is painful ???

1. one thing you could do is restrict the number of new forum topics that a user can create with in a time period.
I mean if someone is starting a whole bunch of new forum topics within 60 minutes then they must be a spammer. One new topic per 60 minutes should be more than sufficient.
Replies are different which can come more quickly and so no need to limit those.

2. Another thing is forum topic - cannot be the same as a previous forum topic
If it is the same then display the previous form and error message - this topic already exists

Are these scammer / spammer IP's getting blocked by nopCommerce ?

The other thing you could do (to at least slow them down) is not let anyone post until 24hours after they create a customer account.

I mean even if they are legitimate and download, tries to install and has a question, etc surly they can play around with it themselves for 24hours before posting on the forum.

Combined with the other suggestions above you can start to have some effect on them ?
5 years ago
Yidna wrote:
The other thing you could do (to at least slow them down) is not let anyone post until 24hours after they create a customer account.

I do not believe that will help to stop spamming. Captcha on registration will help a bit, but for sure forum need to be changed. Unfortunately, there is no response from nopCommerce Team at this topic, so not sure if that topic got any sense to be continue.

What is interesting, I found a bug.
See this person: Annexclock34 - registered, had to post something, got karma 145, but only one post is available at profile. So karma is not reduced if post is deleted.

Another thing, adding points to karma by only adding new post and/or new topic, cause that on list named "Best rated members the last month" we have two spammers. Spammers as best rated members? Not looking well, don`t you think? If it is best rated members, it should be calculated from rating, not posting by the way.

Regards,
Tom
5 years ago
The Nop team is taking care of the spam during their working hours. The main problem arises when they are out of work. I suggest giving MVPs credentials to unpublish spam and to block spammers.
5 years ago
Spammers are still very annoying - need to implement some of these suggestions
4 years ago
If a user registers and then posts in the forum within 30 minutes they must be a spammer

i.e. User https://www.nopcommerce.com/profile.aspx?userid=267699

Also

Yidna wrote:
restrict the number of new forum topics that a user can create with in a time period. If someone is starting a whole bunch of new forum topics within 30 minutes then they must be a spammer. One new topic per 60 minutes should be more than sufficient. Replies are different which can come more quickly and so no need to limit
those.

i.e. User https://www.nopcommerce.com/profile.aspx?userid=267689

Yidna wrote:
Another thing is forum topic - cannot be the same (very similar) as a previous forum topic. If it is the same then display the previous form and error message - this topic already exists

i.e. User https://www.nopcommerce.com/profile.aspx?userid=267688

Display the similar topic and add their post to the end

If a user does any of the above then block them and turn off their posts automatically until they apply to be unblocked - Eventually you can weed out the spammers if you apply some smarts to forum posts
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.