Upgrading from 1.5 to 1.7

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Good Evening Folks,

A couple of questions I am hoping someone can answer...

1: Can you upgrade directly from 1.5 to 1.7 or do i need to start with 1.6

2: Is it easy and straight forward?

3: Is it likley to screw up my custom made theme? My theme is not really that complex.

4: Is it likley to screw any other functionality or products up? I haven't modified any source code so its a standard install.....

Thanks in advanced
Max
13 years ago
max_carpenter wrote:
Good Evening Folks,

A couple of questions I am hoping someone can answer...

1: Can you upgrade directly from 1.5 to 1.7 or do i need to start with 1.6

2: Is it easy and straight forward?

3: Is it likley to screw up my custom made theme? My theme is not really that complex.

4: Is it likley to screw any other functionality or products up? I haven't modified any source code so its a standard install.....

Thanks in advanced
Max

Hello Max

1) Yes you can directly upgrade from 1.5 to 1.7 as when you will download 1.7 it consists of 1.5 upgrade script for database, but still if you wanna go for step by step , then you can go to 1.6 then 1.7 , it totally depends on you, but yes you can directly upgrade.

2) It is very straight forward

3)  If you made any modification in the theme then yes after upgrading the layout will be messed up, so to avoid any problem you can use very simple method, just change the theme of your website to the default standard theme and then upgrade, when you're done with upgrading then change the theme to your personal modified theme. There should not be any issues.

4)If you haven't made any changes in your source code anywhere in your nopCommerce project, then after up upgrading everything will work fine, but if you have made changes in your project like adding things in database etc then it can messup your project, but  if your website is still in the default / standard mode of nopcommerce and there are no changes in your database then everything should work fine after the upgrade.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.