Godaddy email error solved

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hey everyone

tonight I was trying to set up my E-mail system, and kept getting the error:

Request for the permission of type 'System.Net.Mail.SmtpPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

This was using GoDaddy's host :smtpout.secureserver.net
port: 80
Non-ssl

After a call to GoDaddy, and support having no idea I googled around and found out that the email server for this application is : relay-hosting.secureserver.net

godaddy does not list this as their SMTP host, and looking around in the forums here i know some of you have come up with the same error code. Hopefully this helps somebody!

Also, the person that has been going around recommending "full trust" everytime this error comes up may want to take note :) Especially since godaddy doesnt allow full trust!
13 years ago
Man your a life saver lol many THANKS>>>

Host:   relay-hosting.secureserver.net  
Port:   25
Enable SSL: not checked
GoDaddy should have been more fourth coming on this!!!!!!!!!
12 years ago
HELP!

I've been trying to configure a hotmail address for a client. It actually seemed to work at one time, but not now!!!

I have settings configured as shown in this string, but now still getting an error - which means tmy client is not getting order notifications!!!  serious stuff!

Juts the following error when I try a test email to a Hotmail address:

"...sorry, your mail was administratively denied. (#5.7.1)"

Dunno what to do at this point, it's really frustrating.  any updates on this issue at all???

thanks!
12 years ago
th1ck wrote:
Man your a life saver lol many THANKS>>>
Host:   relay-hosting.secureserver.net  
Port:   25
Enable SSL: not checked

This is how you configure the SMTP Email server on GoDaddy

THANK YOU , yep you are life saver

Regards
12 years ago
Does anyone know if Hotmail is supposed to work similarly?  I've tried all the settings I can find in this (and even other) forum(s).   I've tried using Htomails  supposed SMTP servier live.hotmail.com  as well as using teh secure relay server settings noted here...neither one is happy.

Any ideas?

thanks!
12 years ago
Also going back to GoDaddy (the subject of this post)

you could use PORT 465
and enable SSL

it also works fine !!!!!

Nice

Regards
12 years ago
Thank you Oscar, for the timely reply!  I will give it a try, as this is becoming quite a frustration!
12 years ago
ARGH!  I still can't get it to go through... that is, not with the "test email" below the settings.  Shouldn't the test email work with the settings, or does it differ?

My settings I've tried (and the new error) are below - am I doing something stupid (certianly not out of the question!!):

Email address: *****@hotmail.com

Email display name: *********

Host: relay-hosting.secureserver.net  (also tried Hotmail:   smtp.live.com)

Port:  465  (was using 25 before)

User:   *****@hotmail.com

Password:  **********

Enable SSL: (checked)

Use default credentials:  (blank)  

------------------------------------------------------

I am getting a new error:

Request for the permission of type 'System.Net.Mail.SmtpPermission, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.
12 years ago
for example port 465 is for SSL
and 587 is for TLS

you may want to find out what port you need to use for the type of authentication your mail is using.

google it , look  for the port number that you need

if you find it, i suggest you create a new post called :here are the instructions for setting up the SMTP mail for a Hotmail Live account

:)
12 years ago
hmm... thanks, that's why I was excited, as Hotmail apprently is port 25 (outgoing) and 995 (incoming).

The only one I haven't tried is 995.  Looks like it may not be working no matter what, but I think I'll try bugging Hotmail to see if they have any other ideas!

I do appreciate your responses- what a frustrating situation!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.