Creating Departments First then Categories & Manufacturers

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
15 years ago
Hi, I like what you are creating.

I am wondering how difficult it would be to create "Departments" first and then have Categories and Manufacturers belong to a Department? Although most e-commerce applications use Categories that becomes extremely difficult to manage when you have a lot of different brands and a lot categories. Most stores are also departmentalized so the site mirros a real store.

For example, I work on e-commerce websites that have over 50 different manufacturers (brands) and numerous categories. You certainly would not want to list over 50 brands on the left menu plus all the categories. Creating Departments first and then Categories and Manufacturers belong to a Department. Departments appear in the top menu and when the user selects a Department they go to a page that lists the Categories and Manufacturers that belong to that Department. This is also better for SEO, makes a better UI and makes the administration easier to manage.

Is that seem possible with your web application? I just downloaded and installed your application  and I haven't had a chance to analyze the code- logic.

I can show you an example if you like.

Thank you,

John S.
15 years ago
Thanks for suggestion, John!

We understand what you're talking about but we don't plan to add departments to nopCommerce now.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.