Search engine can't be registered

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
Hello,

Some users who tested the website internally found an issue using IE.
The only thing I know is that the error displayed is "Search engine can't be registered". I haven't found any log about it in the admin area.
When the error occurs, they cannot do anything on the website. For example, they can't register, they can't add products to their cart and the error message is always displayed after submitting a form.

They all used IE and windows 7 when the issue happened.
The version of nopCommerce is 4.00.

If anyone knows about this and could help me out, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks for your answers,

Regards
5 years ago
Also, when trying to add a product to cart, the error is: "Search engine can't add to cart".
5 years ago
Did you figure out what the issue was with this error. All of a sudden I get this error too. Let me know if you got it fixed. Thanks
5 years ago
Dingomann wrote:
Did you figure out what the issue was with this error. All of a sudden I get this error too. Let me know if you got it fixed. Thanks

Hello Dingomann,

Unfortunately, I haven't found a fix for this issue yet. Are you using the 4.10 version?
5 years ago
I am using version 3.90. I hesitate upgrading because it is a live cart used every day and I can't afford any down time. All of a sudden after 9 months of running fine I get this error. I only get it in one of my browsers (IE11) so it has to be a browser issue.

Thanks for the reply
5 years ago
Have your tried googling the error message in question?

In the results I see first this thread, second another thread that contains a possible solution to the problem.

Third result I see the source code that generates the error.  Taking a look through that source code, it looks like your user is being classified as a search engine (IsSearchEngineAccount method).

In the database table for 'Customers' every record has fields for 'SystemName' and presumably because the browsercaps file identified your user as a search engine, this field for that user is likely to contain a value of "SearchEngine".

Your solution is probably to remove that value and replace with null, along with setting 'IsSystemAccount' to false on the same record.  Then also update the browsercaps library to ensure they are not classified as a search engine again.
5 years ago
Naturally I googled the issue. Funny thing is though it brings me to this page. Any way I was able to figure out my issue. It was a browser issue. I cleared all cookies and  cache files and rebooted my pc and it seems to have cleared the issue up for me. Any way thanks for the replies here.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.