I have a dumb question about System>System Information>loaded assemblies in Administration

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
If I show the loaded assemblies way down at the bottom I see 30 or 40 or more assemblies listed that look like this:

hsnmgb20.veu, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null Release
prfarhuf.vkk, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null Release
z1trorea.stu, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null Release
elaojkpj.445, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null Release
smwfjvlk.qb3, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null Release
zxarawzt.s14, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null Release
1btswvmr.kvx, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null Release
3xy4nigm.jsd, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null Release

What the heck are they?
Are they supposed to be there?

Thanks.
5 years ago
Assemblies are the building blocks of .NET Framework applications; they form the fundamental unit of deployment, version control, reuse, activation scoping, and security permissions. An assembly is a collection of types and resources that are built to work together and form a logical unit of functionality. An assembly provides the common language runtime with the information it needs to be aware of type implementations. To the runtime, a type does not exist outside the context of an assembly.

For more information, see this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/app-domains/assemblies-in-the-common-language-runtime
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.