Application startup exception: System.Exception: Plugin 'Credit Card'. Access to the path '\Plugins\bin\Nop.Plugin.Payments.BrainTree.dll' is denied

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
Morning All,

Hope somebody can help, having a serious problem with a the Braintree Plugin, keep getting the below error, which brings the whole nopCommerce 4.0 site crashing down, uninstall the plugin and all is fine, reinstall and is fine for a day or so, but the same cycle keeps happening, As Braintree is my man payment provider this is quite a serious issue, can anybody shed any light, I use the NO SOURCE build of nopCommerce.

Many thanks

Nick

Application startup exception: System.Exception: Plugin 'Credit Card'. Access to the path '\Plugins\bin\Nop.Plugin.Payments.BrainTree.dll' is denied.
Access to the path '\Plugins\bin\Nop.Plugin.Payments.BrainTree.dll' is denied.
---> System.Exception: Plugin 'Credit Card'. Access to the path '\Plugins\bin\Nop.Plugin.Payments.BrainTree.dll' is denied. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '\Plugins\bin\Nop.Plugin.Payments.BrainTree.dll' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
   at Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.ShadowCopyFile(FileInfo plug, DirectoryInfo shadowCopyPlugFolder)
   at Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.PerformFileDeploy(FileInfo plug, ApplicationPartManager applicationPartManager, NopConfig config)
   at Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize(ApplicationPartManager applicationPartManager, NopConfig config)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize(ApplicationPartManager applicationPartManager, NopConfig config)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Nop.Core.Infrastructure.NopEngine.Initialize(IServiceCollection services)
   at Nop.Web.Framework.Infrastructure.Extensions.ServiceCollectionExtensions.ConfigureApplicationServices(IServiceCollection services, IConfigurationRoot configuration)
   at Nop.Web.Startup.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.ConventionBasedStartup.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.EnsureApplicationServices()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.BuildApplication()
crit: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost[6]
      Application startup exception
5 years ago
Found a similar issue here, have applied the fix to the Application Pool, will let everybody know how it goes https://goo.gl/7PBM5w
5 years ago
Changing the Application Pool settings didn't work for me, anybody with any more suggestions?
5 years ago
See if this helps
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/55568/systemexception-plugin-must-be-assigned-to-customer-role-access-to-the-path-is-denied.aspx
5 years ago
Which version of nopcommerce are you using.

If you are using nopcommerce 4.10 than it is shadow copy problem.

You can find solution from here https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/49851/serious-iis-application-pool-recycling-bugdesign-flaw.aspx?p=3#199596.

Hope you will understand..!!
4 years ago
I had the same issue and the problem was about writing permission on the folder. Hope this could help
4 years ago
Thanks for your reply, changing the permissions seemed to of solved the problem
4 years ago
Deleting the Plugin folder worked for me!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.