SFTP Library compatible with .NET Core 2.x and nop 4.1

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
Does anyone know of a FTP library that will work with .NET Core 2.1?  We have a couple of plugins that generate a file output and secure ftp those files to a location.  All the ftp libraries we have looked at so far either work with .NET or .NET Core 1, but not .NET core 2.x
5 years ago
Have you tried CoreFTP? It seems to work above .netstandard 1.6, so should work with .net core 2.x

Regards,
Anshul
5 years ago
Thank you for the response.

I will check into coreftp, it is on my short list to investigate.  

I would like to take this moment to elaborate on the exact nature of my problem.

My first attempt to get ftp working with Nop 4.1  (.NET Core 2.x)  involved creating a .NET standard 2.0 library that wrapped our existing .NET 4.6 ftp dll.  

I updated our plugins to use this new library and everything complied, I thought I was on my way to success.  Until I tried to launch nop.  

It blew up with a bunch of "unable to load library bla bla bla" type of errors.  Site would not even come up.  Specifically all of the dlls it looked to be loading were things like windows.forms, etc, things that we were not using in our ftp library, or anywhere else for that matter.  

Could this be an issue of autofac trying to recurse down into the .NET framework library and load all the various items from .NET?
5 years ago
I wanted to follow up on this, in case anyone else comes across this issue.  
I was unable to find a free ftp library product that would support both SFTP and .NET Core 2.1.x.  I found many that supported one or the other, but I needed both those options.

So I began investigating paid products and found several that would fit the bill.  Right now I have the trial version of Chillkat working with nop 4.1.  We are currently evaluating costs and licensing options, but this is the route we had to go.
5 years ago
I realized I should have posted an update.  We ended up being able to use the latest version of SSH.NET.  When I first attempted, we had the wrong version and it did not play nice.  The latest one did and we were able to get it working.

Renci.SshNet

using (var connection = new SftpClient(ConfigureConnection(settings, _encryptionService)))
{
    connection.Connect();
    using (var stream = new MemoryStream(file))
    {
         connection.UploadFile(stream, destinationPath);
    }

}
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.