NopCommerce 4.0 Email Settings Question

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
Hello Nop,

I have a quick question for you guys. I am working on a website that is to go live any day now. During our testing we had the email setting disabled in System>Scheduled Tasks... and did all of our template testing then. Everything worked well, including the test emails and order emails (when manually pushed through). Now that we have set that same setting to "enabled" I noticed that it's not auto sending the emails. I checked System>Log and noticed that we're having the following errors:
Error sending e-mail. The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.5.1 Authentication Required. Learn more at

At first glance I thought it was an SSL certificate issue, but now that we have our SSL (through GeoTrust) I'm thinking it could be an issue with our email settings in Admin Panel->Configuration->Email Accounts. Should we be using SMTP settings? I am not the email administrator so I have no idea where to find the log in settings since its not part of our dedicated hosting plan. It was created some time ago on another, unknown platform. Here are my settings within that menu.

Just to clarify, emails work when manually pushed through, just not automatically. We are on a dedicated server (Drundo) and are using NopCommerce 4.0
5 years ago
Let me correct myself. Its a Gmail account lmao...
4 years ago
Hi there,
i am facing the same issue for using gmail at email account.
Yet this is not workable.

Can someone advise?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.