Should support decimal quantities

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
Nop really should support decimal quantities out of the box.
I have a site that has been converted but unfortunately most pluggins dont work due to the changes on many of the interfaces. Magento supports this out of the box. Its a pretty basic requirement many goods get sold by metre squared etc. It a good reason for a potential customer to not use Nop.

cheers,

Mark
5 years ago
Hi Mark - I agree with you.

Decimal support in quantity will be helpful where product is sold by pounds/yards/boxes etc.
5 years ago
+1
5 years ago
+1

There is a huge amount of changes we have to make just for this enhancement. It's impossible to make it with a plugin and the code changes will make it mostly impossible to upgrade to a newer version of nopcommerce.
5 years ago
Hi,
I agree, Decimal Quantity would be very very helpful feature.

Is there a roadmap for this out of the box feature?
4 years ago
I agree too; is there a way to use decimal quantity without rewriting a lot of code?

firthy wrote:
Nop really should support decimal quantities out of the box.
I have a site that has been converted but unfortunately most pluggins dont work due to the changes on many of the interfaces. Magento supports this out of the box. Its a pretty basic requirement many goods get sold by metre squared etc. It a good reason for a potential customer to not use Nop.

cheers,

Mark
3 years ago
Hi,
I agree with this features.
It´s important for many kinds of business Decimal Quantity
3 years ago
So I could assume that the feature is not available.

But there is a walkthrough to achieve this? I really need to enable it.

Thanks
3 years ago
No this feature has not been implemented
Esentially you have to go through the complete code  and everywhere there is an integer quanity then replace the code with decimal quantity.

Then there follows a lot of questions with regards to stock control and the logic that surrounds the use of decimal vs integer qunatities.

To quote what someone else said
wydy wrote:
There is a huge amount of changes that need to be made to the core for this enhancement. It's impossible to make it with a plugin
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.