Volumetric Pricing

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
I'm looking to setup a store to sell wood cut to dimension and would be pricing it by volume (ie: length*width*height they need).

I've found lots of plugins for other ecommerce packages, but I don't like those packages much and would prefer to stick with nop. Is there a plugin which can do this?

Failing that, what would be the best way to start on adding the functionality to my nop install? I'd need to the items priced for volume and have min/max limits on the inputs.

I'm an experienced .net dev, but haven't touched asp.net in a few years.

I did search for similar other people with similar requests on the forums/feature requests - however, wasn't able to find anything newer than 2 years old and wasn't sure if the architecture had changed enough that it was no longer relevant.
5 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
I'm looking to setup a store to sell wood cut to dimension and would be pricing it by volume (ie: length*width*height they need).

I've found lots of plugins for other ecommerce packages, but I don't like those packages much and would prefer to stick with nop. Is there a plugin which can do this?

Failing that, what would be the best way to start on adding the functionality to my nop install? I'd need to the items priced for volume and have min/max limits on the inputs.

I'm an experienced .net dev, but haven't touched asp.net in a few years.

I did search for similar other people with similar requests on the forums/feature requests - however, wasn't able to find anything newer than 2 years old and wasn't sure if the architecture had changed enough that it was no longer relevant.

In v4.1 you can have product attributes with price adjustment by percentages that may help you
There is also a plugin that might do the job
5 years ago
Thanks for your quick reply Eduardo, I have to admit i'm not sure how the price adjustment percentages will help me?

The surface area plugin is definitely a step in the right direction, or at least appears to. The link to the developers page however comes up with a 404, and there is no description on the plugin i can see. I need height, width, length though, for a cubic size rather than square size.
5 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
Thanks for your quick reply Eduardo, I have to admit i'm not sure how the price adjustment percentages will help me?

The surface area plugin is definitely a step in the right direction, or at least appears to. The link to the developers page however comes up with a 404, and there is no description on the plugin i can see. I need height, width, length though, for a cubic size rather than square size.

I don`t know if the percentage adjustment works as an addition (P + (X% * P) or multiplication (P * (1 + X%); whereas P:product price and X% the percentage adjustment. If it works as multiplication then you could have 3 product attributes: height, width and length and P would be the Price for the minimum volume.

For the secondI found this Link: http://shop.weiyou7.com/en/surface-price-plugin-code.  Try to contact or PM the developer. Maybe he can extend it for volume or with the source code you can do it yourself.
5 years ago
Ah, well found - and it's the source code too! I've sent him a message, but that certainly looks like a perfect starting point. Looking at his pictures, I think I'd prefer the source code so I can modify it as I want rather than just his plugin. The price isn't bad either!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.