CMS Suggestion

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
15 years ago
A CMS would be useful for pages like "Shipping and Returns", "Conditions Of Use" etc. However, I don't think a fully featured CMS is necessary (or at least a priority).

What about, like we have SettingManager.GetSettingValue, we have a ContentManager with GetContent(string Name).

Then we have a generic control e.g. <nopCommerce:ContentArea ID="ctrlContentArea" runat="Server" ContentType="Content.ShippingAndReturns"/>

Then all we need is an area in administration to add new content types using fckeditor for the html.

This way, nopCommerce can be shipped with the default pages like Shipping and returns mapped to a specific content type. This gives users the ability to modify the content of these pages without changing the source.

Then, if users do require a new physical page to be added, it would be quite easy to add a new content control to the page and map this to a newly created Content type.

The ContentManager class could be quite simple as we only need a couple of fields and methods to add/update/insert/delete.

Just a thought.

Ben
15 years ago
Thanks, Ben! That's a good idea!
15 years ago
Guys, maybe a somewhat CMS-related question:

Is it possible to use an external cataloging application?

I mean, suppose i have a set of .aspx which provide a basic catalog functionality: searching, filtering, viewing spec, comparison, favorites, whatever. What i want to do now is to outsource a cart maintenance, check-out, shipping negotiation, payment and so on to nopCommerce. Preferably, i'd like to do it by just putting a link in some predefined format on a product spec OR category list page. Do you have such scenario in mind ?

(The specific CMS i'm working on is N2 and building my functionality as a set of addons, so i'd like a seamless integration of nopCommerce into existing infrastructure.)

BTW, a great product, i like the code a lot !
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.