What if order is not completed ?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
15 years ago
Folks,

What if order is not completed ?
I mean, If customer x made an order like the following

Product   Quantity
A         3
B         7
C         9

And what i can afford for shipping right now is as following :

Product   Quantity
A         3  (Full)
B         5  (Shortage in 2 pieces)
C         2  (Shortage in 5 pieces)

I wanna ship available quantities and put this order in pending status till we have this quantities in our store, send customer
and email telling him what i shipped and what i will ship in defined time,
Is there any idea reagrding this scenario ?

Best regards,
mebaid.
15 years ago
What you refer to is quite an advanced stock management and shipping operation - similar to what you get with sites like Amazon.com

Currently this scenario is not catered for, although it is a worthwhile consideration for the future.

Currently, a the shipping status applies to the entire order and not the order line. Therefore once it has been marked as shipped, everything is marked as shipped.

In the scenario you describe you would need to leave the order as not shipped until the very last item of the order has been sent. You could change your Order completion/receipt message templates to advise the customer that "Depending on your chosen shipping method, items will be shipped as soon as they become available. You will receive a final shipping confirmation when the last item has been shipped". Then change your message template for shipping notification to say "This confirms that the last item has been shipped".

Moving forward, shipping status per order line should certainly be considered.

Thanks,

Ben
15 years ago
Thanks Ben very much for your support.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.