not reading css

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
I have upgraded to 4.00 and building the new topic pages that have to match the old site in colors etc.
for some reason it is only randomly reading some of the css. I have copied the css in to w3 schools to test and it is all good there. I do not see any probs either but cannot get the text to be the colors I need. Also, when I am in edit mode for the page it works, just not live. Very random.
What can I do as i have about 100 pages to build??
Any help??
Here is the page I am working on??

https://www.minerals-n-more.com/Amazonite_Info
5 years ago
Hi Robert,

Have you tried clearing cache and restart site?

Could you please provide a screenshot of the problem area?
5 years ago
Try inspecting your page and see if your page is using the style / CSS that you have added.
5 years ago
Yes, I have tried all of that. It reads the css in edit mode, but on live page it only reads some and not others.
4 years ago
Hi,
Are you still getting this issue?
4 years ago
yes
4 years ago
CSS not applying from the same CSS file OR not applying css from a file from all CSS files?
4 years ago
Also please check source of page : can you search your css file in the source it is used on the page or not?
check view-source here -
view-source:https://www.minerals-n-more.com/Amazonite_Info
4 years ago
Hello lwflowers.

Is your topic styling applied as inline css only? I have had problems with the html editor which was removing the inline styling of some of the elements after exiting "edit" mode. Not sure if this is your case, but the workaround I did was to add a "dummy" class name (a class name that has no specific purpose) to the problematic elements. This way the editor wasn't removing any css.

Regards
/ Hristo
4 years ago
I will look again. I have studied this and eveb removed the css and it still did not bwork very well. It sees some of the css, and not others. Like in a paragraph the text will be set to red and the css only sees 1 line in the paragraph. The css editor sees it ok, its when saving. The only thing i can maybe see is when I added the new topic page and started it, I made a mistake and deleted it, then maned it virtually the same mane. Maye when deleted it just saves weird. i would think it would just read the css completely. I have also tore apart the code and do not find any mistakes. Kind of mind boggling. I will continue to work on it. I have 100 pages that I have to convert from old .asp pages to the topic pages in NOP. Kinda why i wanted the css to work. I will work on it more this week.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.