Win server 2016/ ASP.Net core v.2.2

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
I'm new to nopCommerce and to hosting an ASP.Net application - bear with me.

I created a brand new Win2016 server, added IIS to the server, and installed ASP.net 2.2 (latest version) in preparation for nopCommerce.  I created a folder for nopCommerce then, using IIS, I created the nopCommerce web site. Finally, I copied the nopCommerce "source only" code into the folder I created.

My first attempt to access the website failed on the remove statements in the web.config file.  I overcame this by changing IIS's settings to allow read/write access to modules.

However, once past that hurdle, I get a message that IIS cannot find the default page.  Not being familiar with ASP.Net core, I am assuming that the aspNetCore statement in the web.config file controls the starting page (Nop.Web.dll).  

I'm thinking that something in the IIS/ASP.Net Core environment is still not configured correctly, but I lack the experience to teven know how to test it.

Can anyone help me figure out why it's not starting this page and is instead IIS is trying to start a default page as though it were a typical IIS website?
5 years ago
Hello,

Please look at this thing.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/core/host-and-deploy/iis/?view=aspnetcore-2.2

You can find error from log for that enable stdlog.

This setting you will get from web config.

Hope you will understand..!!

Let me know here if you still have problem with it
5 years ago
Thank you sk5202.  Based on your direction I also found this article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/core/host-and-deploy/iis/troubleshoot?view=aspnetcore-2.2

I'll turn on the log and try it again.  I'll let you know what I find.
5 years ago
You can also check the path of the dotnet file. Add the full path on your web.config, like this:

<aspNetCore requestTimeout="23:00:00" processPath="C:\Program Files\dotnet\dotnet.exe" arguments=".\Nop.Web.dll" forwardWindowsAuthToken="false" stdoutLogEnabled="false" stdoutLogFile=".\logs\stdout" startupTimeLimit="3600" />
5 years ago
Moved the website from a folder on the E: drive to the default WWWRroot folder on the C: drive. Specified the location to the 64-bit dotnet runtime and now I am  at least getting a ASP.Net Core message.   Still not getting a STDoutlog.

An error occurred while starting the application.
.NET Core 4.6.27414.05 X64 v4.0.0.0    |   Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting version 2.1.1-rtm-30846    |    Microsoft Windows 10.0.14393    |   Need help?

Any ideas?
5 years ago
Hello , Sorry mate but in your first post you say .
Finally, I copied the nopCommerce "source only" code into the folder I created.

You must put  nopCommerce 4.10 - Web (no source) for the run time..
5 years ago
To gtsoukas

Sorry.  I meant the "no source".
5 years ago
Progress.  When I moved the code from the E: drive to the C: drive I forgot to give the AppPool permissions.  So I have the code running, but for security amd maintenance I typically install a web site on a drive different that the  operating system.

Isw there something I should know before moving the site back to the E: drive?
5 years ago
Changed the default site to look at the E: drive for the code and it worked with no problems.  It's almost like it  needs to be installed as the default website in IIS.  Very strange.  It's going  to be the only website on the server so I am  not concerned, nor do I have the time to test that theory.  If get a chance to test that I'll report back here.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.