Issue Importing Categories

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
I've done a few things testing category imports and I'm running into some issues.

I'm needing to import ~50 sub-categories from Excel.

Using an export from NOP I've included information for the new categories including the fields:
Name
CategoryTemplateId
ParentCategoryId
ParentCategoryName
PageSize
AllowCustomersToSelectPageSize
PageSizeOptions
ShowOnHomePage
IncludeInTopMenu
Published
DisplayOrder

I left all other fields blank, specifically ID.
The new categories I attempted to import were duplicate names of other categories however, I included a ParentCategoryId and initially a ParentCategoryName
When I imported it over wrote the ParentCategoryName of a pre-existing category instead of adding a new line with a freshly created ID.

I reverted back and attempted again without the ParentCategoryName this time, only using the ParentCategoryId. Leaving the ID blank so a new category would be created, still had the same issue.

Am I missing something? Any thoughts on this?
5 years ago
I had the same issue, I have about 50+ categories. What I did is uploaded top level category first, download the excel and then copy paste child category and added parent category against it.

I have 3 menu levels, so I made 3 files for each level.
5 years ago
I've attempted this before posting and it wasn't working for me. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with my sub-category that I'm trying to create is also the same name as some of my parent categories.

Already existing:
Performance Parts >> Air Induction
Performance Parts >> Engine
Performance Parts >> Exhaust
Performance by Vehicle >> Mustang >> Air Induction
Performance by Vehicle >> Mustang >> Engine
Performance by Vehicle >> Mustang >> Exhaust

Attempting to add:
Performance by Vehicle >> Camaro >> Air Induction
Performance by Vehicle >> Camaro >> Engine
Performance by Vehicle >> Camaro >> Exhaust
Performance by Vehicle >> Corvette>> Air Induction
Performance by Vehicle >> Corvette>> Engine
Performance by Vehicle >> Corvette>> Exhaust

I'm leaving the ID blank, but I'm not getting any new categories. I do however have the new categories overwriting other categories. The ID stays the same as it was previously though.
5 years ago
You can try like this

First create below

Performance by Vehicle >> Camaro
Performance by Vehicle >> Corvette

Add ID of above parent categories to level 3 category

Performance by Vehicle >> Camaro>> Air Induction
Performance by Vehicle >> Camaro>> Engine
Performance by Vehicle >> Camaro>> Exhaust
Performance by Vehicle >> Corvette>> Air Induction
Performance by Vehicle >> Corvette>> Engine
Performance by Vehicle >> Corvette>> Exhaust
5 years ago
This is how I have it setup and it doesn't work. It changes an existing category. These two top categories already exist (among many others) I'm adding the third item below 'Air Induction' to be a sub category of Performance By vehicle >> CTS-V (which is ID 5, also shown below). When I import this one line it changes the Parent category of ID 39 to Performance By Vehicle >> CTS-V. The lines below will copy paste into a spreadsheet for easier viewing.

39  Air Induction    1        air-induction-3  3  Performance By Vehicle >> Camaro / Trans Am  ...\images\thumbs\0001006_air-induction.jpeg  6  TRUE  12, 24, 36    FALSE  TRUE  TRUE  10

5  CTS-V    1        cts-v  1  Performance By Vehicle  ...\images\thumbs\0000016_cts-v.jpeg  6  TRUE  12, 24, 36    FALSE  TRUE  TRUE  0

Air Induction    1          5  Performance By Vehicle >> CTS-V    6  TRUE  12, 24, 36    FALSE  TRUE  TRUE  10
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.