Remove 'A2 Hosting' as a recommended hosting provider

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hello,

Based on the recommendations of NopCommerce, I decided to start hosting my clients e-commerce website with them in December 2018. Since then, I haven't had any issues to really complain about and was happy with the service that I paid for.

However, on 23rd April 2019 their servers were attacked with ransomware and their whole fleet of windows servers had to be taken offline. I wouldn't have minded waiting for a couple of hours to deal with the problem and restore the backups. Instead, it has taken 5 days to restore the web servers and the most recent backup of the database is from February 2019. This means that my client has lost over 2 months of data and it has put them in an incredibly difficult situation.

Avoid at all costs if you would like reliable hosting.
4 years ago
On behalf of everyone at A2 allow me to extend our sincerest apologies for the outage you and your client has experienced. We hate to see a website go offline (after all, we’re in business to keep your sites online) and we all feel your frustration when we fail to deliver on that.

Part of our Windows platform was the victim of a malware attack which led us to shut down our entire Windows fleet in order to be absolutely sure we kept it from spreading further. Given the sheer amount of data needing to be checked and affected servers restored from backup,  this has proven a lengthy process though we will not rest until this has been completed.

At the moment, our focus is very much on restoring every service. Following this a thorough investigation will be performed and a more detailed report will be released once our investigation is complete.

I welcome you and anyone here to reach out to me directly if you have any concerns, questions or even if you just want to vent your frustrations – I am all ears - [email protected]
4 years ago
Of course you want people to contact you directly.  But it should be public to show the whole world how much you are not reliable.

8 days now without access to nothing. And now I learn you have nothing more recent then february?

I can't even access the database so I would just move. Please remove yourself from the gold partner you are a fraud.
4 years ago
Alex A2 wrote:
On behalf of everyone at A2 allow me to extend our sincerest apologies for the outage you and your client has experienced. We hate to see a website go offline (after all, we’re in business to keep your sites online) and we all feel your frustration when we fail to deliver on that.

Part of our Windows platform was the victim of a malware attack which led us to shut down our entire Windows fleet in order to be absolutely sure we kept it from spreading further. Given the sheer amount of data needing to be checked and affected servers restored from backup,  this has proven a lengthy process though we will not rest until this has been completed.

At the moment, our focus is very much on restoring every service. Following this a thorough investigation will be performed and a more detailed report will be released once our investigation is complete.

I welcome you and anyone here to reach out to me directly if you have any concerns, questions or even if you just want to vent your frustrations – I am all ears - [email protected]

A2 should admit they have lost databases.

After 2 weeks they have not restored the service.
- Their chat is now a bot.
- They do not respond to tickets.
- The status page has not been updated for 5 days. A disgrace.
- They do not come clean with the status of databases.
- Some of us have not lost 2 months data, but all data as there are no backups available.

I cannot see how A2 will survive this mess. Honesty and integrity would be full disclosure of the status of data. It seems they have not got backups of all databases.

Today, I saw A2 has been removed from nopCommerce partners.

https://a2status.com/incident/1091

This then redirects to
https://a2status.com/incident/1094

No update since 1st May.

Then states go to https://www.a2hosting.com/blog/windows-service-update/

Which is useless.

A2 cannot survive as it has not come clean. It will lose customers.
It is a shame, as it was good before this.
4 years ago
gbsmtl wrote:
Of course you want people to contact you directly.  But it should be public to show the whole world how much you are not reliable.

8 days now without access to nothing. And now I learn you have nothing more recent then february?

I can't even access the database so I would just move. Please remove yourself from the gold partner you are a fraud.

How is the issue?
4 years ago
LOVEdotnet wrote:

How is the issue?

The same.
2.5 weeks not hosting. No databases. No answers.

A2 Hosting are no longer listed as a nopCommerce partner.
If you lose your databases, you lose your eCommerce business.
nopCommerce should audit is partners.

A2 Hosting need a PR company!
4 years ago
If anyone is interested we have hosted almost 50 sites with PeoplesHost for 2 years and have had an excellent experience with them. Prices are reasonable and the response time to issues is within minutes.
4 years ago
We found A2hosting support very unorganised and unprofessional. Very unfortunate for a reputed hosting company! Maybe their recent DDoS and malware attack broken all the boundaries for an ethical response, liabilities and responsibilities. They didn't even disclose the whole issue, and are hiding the truth about what actually happened, how vulnerable their servers are, how their clients online assets are in great risk of data breach and many more things which caused by their loosened server security and what their unprofessional technicians did to prevent the incident in future, or what they're doing to recover their clients websites.

They're just blaming on themes, plugins etc which aren't the root cause. I believe they're doing this to prevent clients to sue them. But, time has come to take down their unprofessional activities.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.