Migrating NopCommerce site to a new web host

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hi,

We are currently with A2 Hosting, their Windows server was down for 8 days and it's still not performaning very well. We are wanting to move to a new web host, however A2 are failing to give us a database backup.

Does anyone know how to move a Nop Website without a database backup?

We have accress to all web files and themes via FTP so we can build a new NopCommerce instance from scratch, then is it possible to export/import all the data for products/categories/settings?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

John
4 years ago
If you do not have the database backup your going to be stuck with a default installation of nop with none of your existing data. There is no way round that, the database contains all your data.
4 years ago
jslater wrote:
Hi,

We are currently with A2 Hosting, their Windows server was down for 8 days and it's still not performaning very well. We are wanting to move to a new web host, however A2 are failing to give us a database backup.

Does anyone know how to move a Nop Website without a database backup?

We have accress to all web files and themes via FTP so we can build a new NopCommerce instance from scratch, then is it possible to export/import all the data for products/categories/settings?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

John

We can help you if you still suffer from that issue ...
Please contact me on my PM
4 years ago
I've not tried the Export/Import Wizard on a full nopCommerce database, but if you don't have the ability to Backup, then it might be worth trying:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/integration-services/import-export-data/start-the-sql-server-import-and-export-wizard?view=sql-server-2017

(But you will need direct access to the database, and a tool like SSMS)
4 years ago
New York wrote:
I've not tried the Export/Import Wizard on a full nopCommerce database, but if you don't have the ability to Backup, then it might be worth trying:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/integration-services/import-export-data/start-the-sql-server-import-and-export-wizard?view=sql-server-2017

(But you will need direct access to the database, and a tool like SSMS)

I think that you cannot migrate database in that way, because we use that process only for data migration and we miss some parts of database schema.

In situations like this in A2 hosting, I managed to migrate database in several steps:
On A2 hosting database
1. Compress all data in root folder in one *.zip file
2. Generate database schema script in *.sql file
3. Generate database data script in *.sql file
On your PC
4. Edit *.sql scripts and delete unnecesarry data
On new hosting
5. Copy *.zip file to new hosting
6. Create new database
7. Run both *.sql scripts. Firt schema, and then data
8. Edit *.txt or *.json file with new database credentials

And that is it.

I hope that will help somebody
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.