Product attributes vs. grouped products with Tier prices

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hi,

We have a shop where we sell some food products, and many of them have packaging in different sizes, like 50g, 100g, 200g, etc. All/most of them have separate SKU's.

I know I can use both grouped products and product attributes for this, I've tried both versions. I tend to like product attributes more, mostly because it's easier for customers and pages with grouped products tend to look rather weird, with lot of scrolling.

I've got a problem tho... The shop is used by both B2C and B2B customers. I would like to use Tier prices for my B2B customers/distibutors. They have different prices of course, and also they usually buy packages with 12, 24 products.

For what I can see I can't use Tier prices when working with sizes as product attributes.

Is there any other way of combining this? I'd rather not go info some weird product attributes.
4 years ago
I see there is an issue made for this already, but no status/roadmap for it.

This would be a really nice feature to have.
4 years ago
compito wrote:
Hi,

We have a shop where we sell some food products, and many of them have packaging in different sizes, like 50g, 100g, 200g, etc. All/most of them have separate SKU's.

I know I can use both grouped products and product attributes for this, I've tried both versions. I tend to like product attributes more, mostly because it's easier for customers and pages with grouped products tend to look rather weird, with lot of scrolling.

I've got a problem tho... The shop is used by both B2C and B2B customers. I would like to use Tier prices for my B2B customers/distibutors. They have different prices of course, and also they usually buy packages with 12, 24 products.

For what I can see I can't use Tier prices when working with sizes as product attributes.

Is there any other way of combining this? I'd rather not go info some weird product attributes.

Hi, I dont't think you can with default nopCommerce functionality.
We have solved this by using group products and specification attributes where you can select the child product from the specification attribute so you will get similar appearance like product attributes, but with tier pricing support. But this only works with one dimension.
4 years ago
Use grouped products and create a special product template to make them look similar to attributes as explained here.
4 years ago
Yes, I think special template could be the way to go, it just seems rather unnecessary to take hand of many products instead of one with attributes.

May just be time to develop a complete B2B plugin/addon for nop.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.