Order History/Order Details coming back with unexpected order lines

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hi,

I'm coming to the end of a long running project. The system is NopCommerce 4.00 - The system uses custom modules and custom templates, and so I don't want to upgrade to a newer version (the client won't stand the cost of upgrading anything that breaks). I do however have a huge probelm that only came to light in final testing.

In testing I have added a single item to the basket and checked out. Place Order seems to do what it should (I've traced it line by line) but at some point the SQL table has additional line data in it. The amount and value of the original lines differ. This is causing problems with order history and order details in admin (and probably others). It looks as though a previous order line from an old order has been rewritten.

Does anybody have any recollection of this, or any ideas - thanks.

Mark
4 years ago
I feel like a bit of an idiot, but just in case somebody else does the same stupid thing:

I've basically been merging changes from the pre-existing live site into my dev site, Customers/Orders/Products etc. It looks as though at some point I updated OrderItems from the live site, but didn't bring over the matching Order table - this means that each insert of a new order id already had lines present from OrderItem table, which merged into the order.

It's all good now - since it's a test system I just deleted the OrderItem records thaat are past my current Order Id.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.