Issue about changing

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Dear Nopcommerce Team,

I'm using Nopcommerce 4.2

When I had changed View Layout (Admin Site .cshtml files), I must change web.config or restart IIS for applying new Layout?? (difference previous versions. Source code published to LIVE)

Why?? How to no need to change web.config or restart IIS for this changes.

Thanks so much.
4 years ago
Hi,

After restarting the application from the administration your changes should be applied.

Regards,
Stoyan
4 years ago
looking for help
4 years ago
Nop-Templates.com wrote:
After restarting the application from the administration your changes should be applied

This is very wrong behaviour. It makes development the new themes slowly.

Is there way to disable it? What part of code responsible for this caching?
4 years ago
I'm having the same issue here.  Any time I make a change to any of the views, I have to restart the whole application.
4 years ago
Are you running inside VS, or via published exe?
if VS, using IIS Express or other?

I've not tried this; see if this helps https://weblog.west-wind.com/posts/2019/May/18/Live-Reloading-Server-Side-ASPNET-Core-Apps
4 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
I'm having the same issue here.  Any time I make a change to any of the views, I have to restart the whole application.

This happens when File Change Notifications (FCN) mode is disabled. Try to find out that.

I also found that issue in 4.20, but didn't try to fix it. Maybe nopCommerce disabled FCN intentionally for performance issue.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.