Does nopCommerce support MySql?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,

My name is Prashant Sethia. I wanted to know if nopCommerce supports MySql database. If yes, then how can we achieve this? mere migrating database tables and stored procedures to mysql will help? Or do i need to make some code changes also?

I've migrated database to SQL Server. I've downloaded the DotConnect for MySql which is a provider and supports EF. I've referenced it in website and Created ADO.NET Entity Framework and added its connection string to ConnectionString.config file. I've also modified GetEntityConnectionString() of ObjectContextHelper class.

Now when I'm trying to build the whole solution I'm getting an error "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."

I guess I've missed something which should have been there. Please provide me detailed help to migrate nopCommerce to MySql.

Help me... Thanks in advance. :)

Thanks
Prashant
13 years ago
"Does nopCommerce support MySql?"

Not officially, no, and I don't recall anyone mentioning that they have it working. Sounds like you're on the right tracks but you'll likely be on your own. Please post back if you achieve it!

It may be worth mentioning that if you are eligible you can get MS SQL Server free through Microsoft's WebSiteSpark programme.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.